Vermeer BC1250 service info needed

SkwerI

Treehouser
Hey guys, I'm cleaning up an old Vermeer BC1250A that hasn't been used in 5 years. It ran a year ago but the battery is now dead. I want to go through it and do a full maintenance including all fluids and filters. I can't make out the number on the oil filter. Also approximate oil capacity would help.

IMG_0515.JPG

my 403c11 (cat C1.1) has a data plate pretty much on the fuel pump (left side, closest to you if looking from the crank pulley end)
id start there, or call vermeer with the serial number or VIN number and they can tell you all of the info, I emailed bandit for my chipper manual and printed it off for free
on my bandit they want the vin number when looking up info, not the serial number, in my case it is stamped into the tongue, probably similar for yours

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have that, shown below. Anybody know where I can get a fan belt "Perkins 2614B657" or equivalent? Perkins wants $57 plus tax and shipping.

IMG_0516.JPG

take that belt off, measure it and go to autozone, if its a normal V belt or serpentine style belt they have it on the shelf

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should be Wix # 51806. Its the Perkins?
That seems different.
I have the 100 horse Perkins 4.236 turbo I beleive
Using the Perkins website and my engine number, I got the Perkins oil filter number. When I cross referenced that it gave me Wix 51806. So it looks like the wrong oil filter is on there now.

I called www.fleetfilter.com to change my order and the guy on the phone was very helpful. He took care of it no problem. These guys are great for buying all your truck and equipment filters in bulk. Great prices, 10% discount for orders over $125 and 20% discount on orders over $200. I think Stephen is using them now.

Last edited:
Back