Useful little Rigging tutorial.

biggun

Monkey for Hire
I stumbled across this today whilst ‘supposedly’ doing paper work and home with a sick child.

Thought it was worthy of a post. Pretty simple and concise information. Some people might find it useful.

Good video, and entertaining. Gave me some ideas for my locust removal next year :^)

Great post Rich. I downloaded this vid 2+ yrs. ago and include it in links or on a CD/flash drive for training new ground help on what they need to know. Both Firefox and Chrome have add-ons that allow for downloading vids from Youtube, or there is the command line youtube-dl (Linux, Windows and Mac versions available) for easier/tech savvy usage.

Yea, I download almost every video(youtube-dl) since I'm bandwidth constrained. If I only watch it once, I'm even money. If more than once, I save bandwidth. I also try to save them for when I get throttled. I set youtube-dl on it, and go do something else while it downloads.

I use a prepaid cell for home internet. I get 3gb for $35/month, and after that it gets throttled to 2g. My work cell has unlimited data, but no tethering or hotspot. I could get that added on to the plan, but I like having a second phone as backup. I've used it a couple times now when my work phone died, and I was waiting for replacement.

A few years ago I bought a modem, with the intention of getting comcast again, but couldn't bring myself to get their service. My setup isn't great, but it isn't bad either. It focuses attention, and I'm not as likely to get lost in stupid stuff, since I pay for everything. I like the clearcut nature of 'I give you money, you give me stuff', with no further obligation from either side. If I want to do something different next month, all I have to do is give a different person money for different stuff. The price of freedom :^D

Back