TreeStuff.com GeoCache

Google the coordinates and look at the satellite view. That should get you close enough to find it without a GPS.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not yet. Tentatively planning on heading up there in a couple weeks after I'm finished for the season.

Just in the "thinking about it" stages right now.

there is actually one on the way back from the one Sam set that I could look for also...not sure if your supposed to do more than one though, I'll have to re-read the rules again, or ask in my email.

Nick, if you catch this, I sure wish that TreeStuff put out the occasional catalog in print. In the past I have helped a number of guys order tree goods from companies that do, since their inability to understand English makes looking over the items and ordering via the web, a problem. With a catalog, I tell them to look over it and then confer with me, then place a large order when everyone has decided. I have much been able to help them in the past, we can much easier get together over it when something is in print. I know a catalog has it's expense, you don't think it would pay for itself plus some? After ordering numerous thousands of dollars from Sherrill over a lengthy period, they want to charge me ten bucks to have a catalog sent, with the old approach, you get that money back when you order. The idea of it! It really pisses me off, and basically have told them to shove it with that policy, being an old customer.

Jay, while I can sympathise with your situation, to be honest I find myself throwing most catalogs I'm sen t into the trash straight away... the cost of producing and printing a quality catalog is pretty phenomenal... were you a company how would you defer the cost? raise prices...make less profit?

Treestuff has addressed this before that they choose to not put one in print to keep prices down.

The Sherrill policy doesn't seem too far out to me if you were a new customer...if you ordered before I can't see a charge being in order for sure.

I agree, Dave, with shipping costs, and people never ordering after they receive a catalog, I can understand the charge. On the other hand, what's ten bucks, or twenty that they say they want for two catalogs, when you consider what I'd guess to be four or five thousand dollars worth or more that I have purchased from them in the past, wanting the ten bucks seems dumb to me. Guys wanting me to order for them are like baby birds in the nest when they see me. I figure that the costs of printing and time involved is definitely a factor, plus mailing. I wouldn't suggest it if i didn't think that there is the possibility that it would pay for itself with orders via worldwide, without raising prices. Honestly, I don't really know. A catalog every two years seems sufficient, they don't have to be so regular. Checking on the web can show new items to supplement. I don't mean to whine about it, but like to take care of the bros.

I'm guessing they have run a cost analysis on electronic catalog-vs-printed and decided to go the way they have because of the numbers.

The net is "worldwide" and the site can be translated through programming. I honestly think they would lose both business and money going with just print and don't believe it would be worth their investment to make a catalog only for those few who can't or won't use the internet.

Although it's sad that some miss out on being customers, it seems like a fairly wise choice they (TS) have made with today's economy and business environment being what they are, and the need to be very competitive.

Trust me though, I can relate...Much written material I would like to buy in book form is only available electronically. I just refuse to let go of reading real books that I can hold...

Great idea with the growing market for arborist goods on this side of the Pacific, but with Nick getting stationed over here, Meg would be lonely. :(

I guess there is something going with the numbers if they have run a cost analysis, why some companies like Bailey's and Sherrill and Wespur also still send out catalogs. The amount of customers and average age and a number of other variables...where the company is with revenues. It seems like LL. Bean has really cut back on their catalogs. Some companies will send catalogs, then after a period and a certain number of catalogs, with no order sent in, they take you off the mailing list. That seems reasonable. No company should be wasting money on top of the ceo salary. :lol:

Could always print off only sections, Staples or some other printing companies sometimes have reasonable prices.

thanks treestuff.com!!
wear my new caddie pads 2 days in a row.{frigging cool, my new go to pads}
Know im home watching TV in my free go climb a tree tshirt you guys threw in the box:thumbup:

wasn't shore where to put this post

Right, Squish, that's the deal with home printers these days. They are cheap but they get you on the ink refills. The cheaper ink not marketted under the printer manufacturer's name seems to work fine, but to be honest I haven't looked under the desk. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick, if you catch this, I sure wish that TreeStuff put out the occasional catalog in print. In the past I have helped a number of guys order tree goods from companies that do, since their inability to understand English makes looking over the items and ordering via the web, a problem. With a catalog, I tell them to look over it and then confer with me, then place a large order when everyone has decided. I have much been able to help them in the past, we can much easier get together over it when something is in print. I know a catalog has it's expense, you don't think it would pay for itself plus some? After ordering numerous thousands of dollars from Sherrill over a lengthy period, they want to charge me ten bucks to have a catalog sent, with the old approach, you get that money back when you order. The idea of it! It really pisses me off, and basically have told them to shove it with that policy, being an old customer.

I thought about printing if possible, but that's a lot of ink.

Asked and answered! Truthfully it costs too much to make and its atleast 1-2 full time employees just to lay it out and proofread it. Figure 100k+ and it prevents us from updating prices to be the most competitive supplier out there.

I will have a think about it and discuss it with my boss to see if he knows of any good places to hide it that would provide a bit of a challenge to retrieve it.
Cheers WC

Nick, thanks for informing on the catalog possibility. I understand the position. My hope was that it could pay for itself and justify the time and expense, guess not.

Back