Tongue Drum Musical Instrument

That’s an amazing drum! Very unique sound. Not going to buy your drum because I hardly ever play the ones I own but really appreciate your post. Have you learned to play it well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not. I don't have natural rhythm skills like the guy in the video, and that is important with these unless you play slowly for relaxation, which I do on occasion, but I have other instruments that fit that bill. My original intention was to buy a second with it for extra notes, but the way things played out, I didn't get the second, and these days I have more important things to spend money on.

Who knows, I might keep it if I can learn to play what he played in the video, and if I can find a few more good tunes others have already figured out.

The problem is that's basically jumping from beginner to expert.

Seems like it would be fun to just screw around with, even if it wasn't with any virtuosity.

Tongue drums have tongue shaped patterns cut in them, the length, width, and thickness of which determines the note. This kind of tongue drum has a complex shape (basically smaller and smaller tongues cut on the main one) to add harmonics to change the timbre. It is sort of like a steel drum with long sustain. I spent over $1000 for it with the set of mallets if that gives anyone a ballpark idea for a fair offer.

Back