The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Howdy.

My name is Jameson. Just like the whiskey.

I'm a forestry student (graduate in May) and a volunteer hazard tree faller for a state park here in Oak-la-homa.

Thanks for the welcome, fellas.

Going to Eastern Oklahoma State College. If you've never heard of it, that's okay, I haven't either :lol:

In all seriousness, just a 2yr. school.

By the way, here is a video of the latest volunteer work. As I said before, it's hazard tree falling for a state park north of town.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ml9i52dZFZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I should either start a thread or post the video in a more appropriate thread as well.

Is that like a beacon, so whatever rescue team comes to get you in the woods can hone in on you.

This is a new concept to me, please explain.

Cool beans Jameson. I did forestry at Southern Illinois U, and I gotta say, forestry kids have way more fun then the rest of college kids... crazy fun. :D

Is that like a beacon, so whatever rescue team comes to get you in the woods can hone in on you.

This is a new concept to me, please explain.

It's just a two-way radio. Sort of like a walkie talkie. I only use it (god forbid) during an emergency. This state park is fairly big (over 8,000 acres) and many times I am on trails deep in the park, with nearest help as much as a 45 minute walk away.

Hey Jameson, Welcome! Is that Talequah, OK? I think that my sister-in-law attends the same school. Just got to eastern Oklahoma over Christmas. I like it better than OKC/ Shawnee area where my in-laws live. Nice rolling hills and bigger trees over that way.

Hey Jameson, Welcome! Is that Talequah, OK? I think that my sister-in-law attends the same school. Just got to eastern Oklahoma over Christmas. I like it better than OKC/ Shawnee area where my in-laws live. Nice rolling hills and bigger trees over that way.

South of Tahlequah. Latimer County.

Well well well, so this is it? I have made the move from there to here. I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months to get the idea around here. I like what I read. Especially the non-attitude parts. I think I'm going to enjoy being here.

Bud

Haha, I read your profile Bud and I thought it said you were a 20 year old climber with his own treeco and equipment. I wuz gonna say "Congratulations, youngster!" :lol:

Welcome to the TreeHouse, my friend! My name's Butch and we have the coolest tee shirts of all the tree forums! :rockon:

How did you find us?

Hey thanks guys. I was on AS for awhile and although I never got sh** on an awful lot of people do. I have been learning since I since I started And teaching any chance i can, so that's not my style. I saw Little Nick on there buying a grapple from someone. Treehouse was mentioned( although not as Treehouse ) so I started looking. It took me awhile to find you though, Actually came up in a search for T540 xp, I cannot wait to get one. Anyway enough of that and thanks for the welcome!

Back