The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Welcome Emmett. I think it's pretty cool that we're getting so many new members lately. Looking forward to getting to know each of you. :thumbup:

Alright, here we go. Looks like I am the newb around here. I don't know that I would call myself an arborist, but I have cut the families firewood since my parents bought me a poulan for Christmas, I was 14 or 15. I have been cutting ever since. I like KC Chiefs football and the STL Cards baseball. Got a great wife, a 2 year old girl and a boy on the way. Greatings to ALL.

Brian

Geaux Tigers! LSU '78 alum, career treeman, love to slay the big ones. Been climbin 32 years, got a desk job now in S. Miss. but still sneak a rope up now and then. Moonlight on weekends in BR and NO since conflict of interest here. That's right, I'm the City guy that tells you not to cut that tree without a permit. Times are tough, had to do it. I miss the adventure but not the grunge. Done so much of it in my life never again will be too soon. Like to fish too. Need a boat. Like Huskys, but use Stihl at work.

Welcome Crawdaddy! I did my stint at the city as well. Only way I could make ends meet was to moonlight on weekends (and small jobs after work in the afternoons). Welcome, make yourself comfortable. :)

Nice to be welcomed. Since I have a desk (sic) job you may be hearing a lot from me. Goodness knows no one listens to me around here. Some weeks I think I could not show up at all and no one would notice. But let a semi truck break a branch on the main drag and my cell phone runs down ringing. For a small town, these folks sure treasure their live oaks. I can't seem to get permission to cut a hollow ( and I know hollow) one right at the main light in town. Just because it's green folks think it's healthy and should be left alone. Fools. Can't wait (actually I can) till it falls. Probably at midnight. Ha.

Back