The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Thanks for the welcome Brian, it's Art. I see you no longer have the 880.

I still have it, I just had to pawn it temporarily. :D That thing is a monster thanks to Brian, I'm running a 42" full comp and an 8 pin sprocket. It's unstoppable. :big-dance2:

All you saw guys are more than welcome to make yourselves at home in the chainsaw forum. We don't always have a lot of chainsaw oriented topics but you all are welcome to change that. You might even get Timberwolf to post a little bit more. :thumbup:

Been talking to TW about building an Efco. Maybe he will post the build over here.

I guess I should of introduced myself here, My name is Joey, I recoginize a few screen names. I work for Norfolk Southern as a diesel mechanic on locomotives. I have a lawncare business, so I mostly run mowers,trimmers and blowers. I try to run a saw as much as I can. I use to take 1 saw and a few chains, now I take mulitple saws and run a different one each time. Silly isn't it?

To somewhat quote Wallis Simpson: " You can never be too thin or too rich or have too many saws!"

I was looking at your site, Mike...nicely done. I'm taking the liberty of showing one of your pics. Do you use this set-up often? I've done similar in a smaller unit, but not much my cup of tea.

Attachments

• 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 3
No Jay, that really sucked, but we wanted the smaller crane so that we could get into the back yard.

Yeah, I didn't mean to show just a scary pic, your site shows a lot of excellent work. I've been in rigs where the basket is anchored directly to the boom and pivots on a shaft, not bad, but hanging off the hook in some unit gets me.

HI to all the new folks!!
I don't like man baskets, I have to put a couple of concrete blocks in to stand on so the top bar doesn't get me in the armpits!
I'd rather hang above the ball.

hey guys,i'm new here,just saying hi and looking forward to talking to some of you guys.

No way,I'm in clermont but i do some climbing for a couple of companies in oviedo.You might know a couple of friends of mine then,Luke hill and Jim Lott.

Back