The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

LMAO, I knew that was coming! Don't worry 'bout it I know a lot of the players here and a few can vouche for me that I AM NOT LIKE the other "TD".:/:

I wondered for a LONG time where the "Skwerl" went! Glad to see you have a good home here. The other MIA guy is arborist1, I sat on the ISA board with Craig for a while. I guess he has been busier than a 2 peckered rabbit!:)

Thanks for the welcomes, and once I have this place figured out I will post some pics of the COLD Great White North!

Last edited:
Do we know each other from AS? Been a long time. What was your user name there? How's Craig doing? I haven't seen him since we went fishing here a couple years ago.

Welcome TreeD.
Yeah, Craig buggered off last year and has been quiet since, I emailed him a few times and didnt get a response.

And he(Craig) stole the logging tape, making all of us Canadians look bad by association!

Welcome all newcomers. Good to have ya.

I'm Justin another crazy Canuck who usually posts like a mofo but I've been up to my arse in snow(plowing) so far this winter.

Yes Welcome TreeD from another fellow Canadian!

Detroit Michigan, may be to the north of me but I do live in Canada.

Oops ...oh almost forgot to say " Eh " !

...To much Amarican influance this close to the border! :P

HC

Dang, and here I thought Butch listened to me, and banned ya before you even got yer feet wet..

Oh well....

Hmm! rbtree ya got me! BUT as I wonder the pages here I have discovered somethin', I'm like the rest here, tellin' it like it is!:D

One of the threads I find interesting is the SRT thread. The whole concept is relatively NEW to tree work, AND there are some who believe it won't catch on. To each his own, but healthy debate can only clear the air as to the usefulness of the technique as it applies to the job.

At least here ya don't have to worry about steppin' on toes. I like the mood here, not like the BS on other tree (climbing) sites. I also found out that I'm not a weird as I thought I was, most members here are thinkin' the same way as I do! BTW THAT might not be healthy!;)

Way to go Butch, and thanks for havin' me!

LMAO DID I mention I was a farmer TOO! The old lady had a dentist appointment yesterday to the tune of $3274.00 and shes NOT quite done yet! So ya might want to hold that check for a bit!:P

IF there is such a thing as re-incarnation, I wanna come back as a DENTIST!:|:

Thanks Che, just grain! We haul every drop of water here so livestock is NOT an option. The land base has been downsized from 5 1/2 sections to 2 sections. And I find doin' hazard removals less stressful than farmin'.;)

Hello TreeD, my name is Jay. I was up in your part of the world once, they payed my way to give a lecture on furniture making..... 8)
It was up in Saksatoon, and I had a friend that lived in Riddell. That prairie land was really cool to see, like nothing I'd ever experienced before, and the folks up that way seemed very independent.

Welcome to the Treehouse.

If you use Google Earth, we are 120 miles SW of Saskatoon, a three horse town called Richlea. Rolling hills and the S. Saskatchewan river 14 miles to the south. You will notice the pictures are FUZZY and zooming in is useless. ****HINT**** Where the pictures are fuzzy is the place ya wanna be when the big one happens!

Hunting and fishing are great here, White-tail and mule deer, antelope (aka Speed goats) and Swamp donkeys (moose) roam the farmland. And at least I am friendly to outsiders. :/:

Tree work is usually in towns and regional parks. We don't have the volume of trees others have, but we have some BIG buggers. I guess our largest removal was a 6' DBH willow, and the poplars would average over 30" with the odd one up to 60". The tallest tree we have worked on is 140'. Small by our west coast friends standard, but for a flat lander, the view is great!:\:

Back