The Official Random Video Thread!

The sea scares the $hit out of me at the best of times. I got tense just watching this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2PGQy_rNX8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have a few members that have worked the sea here Reg. Hope they chime in ..
SOTC (Willie) and WileyP (Dave) probably have some good stories to tell.. for the commercial end.

I used to work on 100 foot workboats in the gulf. It was a cool job, but that was before OSHA went crazy. We were even sunk in a hurricane - quite the rush!

Damn, fishing out of Kodiak, that's pretty awesome.8)

The octopus, do you keep those or was that by-catch? Did you get sick of eating crab or is it always good? You musta seen tons of wildlife, killer whales, whales, bears? How come you got out of fishing?

Speaking of octopus...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HhOYJc5wM4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve Martin is nuts.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpFNC7puU2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, fishing out of Kodiak, that's pretty awesome.8)

The octopus, do you keep those or was that by-catch? Did you get sick of eating crab or is it always good? You musta seen tons of wildlife, killer whales, whales, bears? How come you got out of fishing?

Thanks for the interest Cory. Octopus often catch when crabbing and keep them as bait. Best halibut bait there is. Yep, killer whales, bald eagles become quite boring, kodiak browns, deer, Grizzlies (on the mainland coast) etc. etc. Got out of it because my now 23 year old son was growing up in pictures.

Cool.

You read in the media lately how intelligent killer whales are, were you able to observe any of that in your travels?

Cool.

You read in the media lately how intelligent killer whales are, were you able to observe any of that in your travels?

I saw them up close during the years I worked as skiff man on Seine boats because they followed the migrating salmon up the coasts. Holding the net in a hook formation with my skiff, I saw whole family pods go by just feet away, rolling up and looking at me. Once I had to open the hook up and release all my fish to avoid the chance of the pod traveling up the net, and circling in the hook,getting confused and, worst case tangling up and dragging my skiff down. Saw tons of porpoise all the time too, they love to play in the turbulence of travelling boats.

Back