The Official Random Video Thread!

I was more joking when I said that he might have done such a feat if he had lived longer. You can't deny that after setting his mind on something, he did achieve a certain success that no one had accomplished before. You can break it down or look at the whole picture, including his Hollywood created fame. I was under the impression that Bruce did get a lot of respect from other martial artists, including some of his former students that wrote or spoke about him in rather glowing terms. I hadn't ever seen anyone say before that he was milk toast, or nothing special. He only flexed his muscles at the right time?

I remember reading a story that 1960s Batman Adam West told about Bruce Lee as Kato in the Green Hornet.
When the 2 TV shows Batman and the Green Hornet intertwined for a few episodes in the mid '60s , Adam said because of his large stature he was able to rough house wrestle with the smaller Bruce Lee off set. Bruce got a little pissed after a while with West's antics, and West reported he never found himself laying flat on the ground as quickly as he did when Bruce had enough.

I know there is a code between the Japanese Karate guys [Stig] and the Chinese Kung Fu guys [Bruce Lee] and they don't get along at all, goes back hundreds of years.
We all seen it in Bruce Lee's movie right? Remember that Karate master spearing Bruce's elder master in the stomach with his bare hands?
:/:

Jay, I didn't say "Milk toast".
He was a good martial artist, but has somehow been turned into a sort of martial arts Jesus.
BTW, most students of the martial arts have great respect for their first teachers, that sort of comes with the territory.
Of course Dan Inosante speaks well of Lee, he has made his living teaching Lee's "System".

99,9% of the stories about him are apochryphal. None of them are verifiable.
It is like all the stories that were told about Masutatsu Oyama. Shortly before his death Oyama admitted that most of them were made up in order to promote karate, yet people still belive them.

I was talking to Patrick Mccarthy, one of the leading scholars of martial arts today, about Lee.
He said that in his opinion, Lee was very much a product of his time. He was impressive back then because of his kicking ability.
" I got green belts today, that can kick like that" is a direct quote.

Somehow the guy got turned from being a not very good actor making some rather silly movies,into being God.
And everytime someone doesn't fall in awe about him, y'all scream " Blasphemy", and start piling brush around the stake.

Willard, for the last 25 years I've been practising an Okinawan style, so that doesn't much apply to me, does it?

While I have respect for the Japanese styles, it amuses me to see people train in a way that they think is japanese, but which was in reality implemented by a Prussian army officer:lol:

He was still relatively young when he died, wonder how his life would have further evolved? He also wrote poetry, apparently had a rather philosophical side to his personality.

Three of my favorite things: Forest, Engineering, Music ... ;)

And, it's my all-time favorite piece, by my all-time favorite composer; "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" - Bach! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C_CDLBTJD4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sakura4250 = 1 video = 10,211,252 views
*amazing* ... eh, Nick?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FXgokniKNE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahahah...that was one of the best pranks ever!!!

This is one of the best juggling/comedy clips I have seen. Seeing Reagan and some of his cronies enjoying the show is cool, too.

Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n6mbW-jMtrY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another kind of crazy.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s8JRKRCS3Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back