The Official Random Video Thread!

Cool that the robber tried to rescue his partner in crime. Shows promise, perhaps the judge will take that into consideration after he is caught.

Scary prank, ghost from the TV.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HaEOcVDkVHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one's for Jay :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MKikHxKeodA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Think I'll go and crank one of those right out! Phenomenal, thanks, Jack. It must be nice to have patrons that are willing to pay for such time investment, might even support you through the lengthy process. There were times like that for artisans a long time ago. I imagine that woodworkers doing stuff for the Palace of Versailles, didn't much need to go seeking other clients. While in the states, over a ten year period, I built over sixty pieces of furniture for one family's house, a steel magnate. Communication becomes second nature, lots of mutual understanding involved. He would say, "You know what I like, build me such and such. I also could steer him towards what I thought he should like. :)

The mechanical part is one thing, but one would have to be very highly skilled in marquetry to do that fine inlay. The wood construction is ornate doable not so difficult with head scratching. Probably one of those projects where you couldn't stay on it consistently, work on and off to do it or it would make you crazy. An indefinite time period would be required, and a client much less interested in the price than the aesthetic results. There obviously are/were people like that. They want to have it and the fee is no object. If I were to take on such a grand project now, I'd say completed before I die, and a stipend of two thousand dollars a month is required. All in all not a bad investment for the purchaser it seems, or for their heirs. Figure a piece like that one day selling at an auction sale starting bid at one million.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mew3eK0Wuvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For you, MB, it's your set! Some profanity....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x5xXsdWRaFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick reacting!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ChvKdiSga2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gid off mah damn porch!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vYofUYVmdQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FP_Jms4No40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This vid, just published by Stihl, is for those folks who haven't already seen one like it. For the rest of us ... it's only 45 seconds and a good reminder. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IWIwyfkmlNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edited: Stihl changed the link to the vid :)

Back