The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

This one cracked me up

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Oregon. If you've worn shorts, sandals and a parka at the same time, you live in Oregon. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dial...ed the wrong number, you live in Oregon. If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Oregon. If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Oregon. If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Oregon. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Oregon. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Oregon. If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Oregon. If you feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash, you live in Oregon. If you know more than 10 ways to order coffee, you live in Oregon. If you know more people who own boats than air conditioners, you live in Oregon. If you stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal, you live in Oregon. If you consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain, you live in Oregon. If you can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Dutch Bros, you live in Oregon. If you know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon, you live in Oregon. If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Clatskanie, Issaquah, Oregon, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Oregon. If you consider swimming an indoor sport, you live in Oregon. If you know that Boring is a city and not just a feeling, you live in Oregon. If you can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food, you live in Oregon. If you never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho, you live in Oregon. If you have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain, you live in Oregon. If you think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists, you live in Oregon. If you buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time, you live in Oregon. If you actually understand these jokes you live or have lived in Oregon See More

That is absolutely great, Willie. I clearly live in Oregon :D.

Really? Lordy, I'd haul booty!!!

I recall telling you almost word for word the same thing about living in Louisiana...you replied almost word for word what Topper did to you :lol:.

'Course, from where I stand you both appear to be foolish beyond measure to choose where you have done, to reside :D.

It's all good...there are great things about every part of this beautiful land we are so lucky to call home :).

But that still means leaving your friends, the place you love and have called home for a looong time. I never had a doubt when I left the SE of the country for Oregon, but I was 23 years old then...easier to make the jump, I think.

If you had a choice, where would the new place be, Butch?

I'd be less than clever to brag about the summer weather here, since I think it's way too crowded already...so let me repeat, it rains all the effing time :lol:.

I'll send you the bill. :D

Reminds me of a joke...

What's the difference between a Florida orange and a California orange?

The one that sucks back is from Florida. :lol:

(Courtesy of Redd Foxx)

Reminds me of this one: How are a BMW and a Rose different?....

On a BMW,,, the pricks are on the inside.:lol::lol:

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The location of the dirtbag.

Down your way, it's true.

Although it sure seems we have more of those hot spells in summer here in NW Oregon these last 5-6 years than before. But there's always enough moisture and things stay green.

Actually here, the last two years we have had one good, wet thunder storm every month of summer, been very nice as some years it goes from May till mid-late Oct without a drop of rain

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Did you hear about the agnostic, dislexic, insomniac?

He lies awake at night wondering.........."is there really a dog"?

Two Irish nuns have just arrived in USA by boat, and one says to the other, "I hear that the people in this country actually eat dogs."

"Odd," her companion replies, "but if we shall live in America, we might as well do as the Americans do."

As they sit, they hear a push cart vendor yelling, "Hot Dogs, get your dogs here," and they both walk towards the hot dog cart.

"Two dogs, please!," says one.

The vendor is very pleased to oblige, wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over.

Excited, the nuns hurry to a bench and begin to unwrap their 'dogs'.

The mother superior is first to open hers.

She begins to blush, and then staring at it for a moment, leans to the other Nun and in a soft brogue whispers...

"What part did you get?"

A man suffered a serious heart attack while shopping in a store. The store
clerks called an ambulance when they saw him collapse to the floor. The
paramedics rushed the man to the nearest hospital where he had emergency
open heart bypass surgery.

He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of nuns at the
Catholic Hospital he was taken to. A nun was seated next to his bed holding
a clip board loaded with several forms, and a pen. She asked him how he was
going to pay for his treatment.

"Do you have health insurance?" she asked.

He replied in a raspy voice, "No health insurance."

The nun asked, "Do you have money in the bank?"

He replied, "No money in the bank."

"Do you have a relative who could help you with the payments?" asked the
irritated nun.

He said, "I only have a spinster sister, and she is a nun."

The nun became agitated and announced loudly, "Nuns are not spinsters! Nuns
are married to God."

The patient replied, "Perfect. Send the bill to my brother-in-law."

Back