The 2100 Club

A friend had one, excellent condition. He decided to sell it one day, guess he remembered running my 084, decided he didn't need that much "fun" in his life anymore.
Yea, they are a "real mans" saw.

Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A friend had one, excellent condition. He decided to sell it one day, guess he remembered running my 084, decided he didn't need that much "fun" in his life anymore.
Yea, they are a "real mans" saw.

Ed
Wonder if he misses it. That 084nis a good 1 too in my book.

I loaded my 088 yesterday.
My apprentice, Emil, has a couple of large Beech trees to pull with the forwarder today, he asked me to bring "crazy 88" as we call it.
Guess they really are very large, I haven't seen them.

I remember the first time I had a 2100 sent up a tree - It tried to pull my harness down at every opportunity and I was knackered after 25 minutes and not a happy kid 😆

I have one that one of my mentors and good friends gave me about 6 months before he passed away, I still run it occasionally but for the most part my ported 390xp handles everything I need. Definitely not a fun saw to drop start in the tree.

I've got a west coaster with a K and N filter and a vee stack intake .I've never been into it but suspect it's been doctored on .At the moment I can't get it started and suspect perhaps something is amiss with the starter assembly .It fired right up in about June-July last summer but about Oct. became like rope starting a Harley .Too damned cold to fool with it now .When it decides to start it's the fastest saw I own .Not to worry I'll sort it out about May .

I did find a picture of the big Swede .The story is I found it on this forum from some island off of Washington state ..It had sat on a barn floor for 20 plus years with a bad coil .The price was rather cheap .I found a used coil and rebuilt the Tilley large bore model HS carb and did some work on the starter drum bushing .I forgot if I used a plastic bushing or turned one out of brass .Tapped out a couple of bolt holes going from M5 to M6 .Is it fast ,don't know but running against other so called stock 2100's it's never been out ran but it wasn't anything I had done to it .

Attachments

• DSCN1236[1].JPG
    DSCN1236[1].JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
While that picture is up ,a little bit about the Stihl 038 magnum .It came from Rocky J who I think it was given to him .Made in Brazil .Who ever had it before was a tad rough on it .Every shock mount broken including the left hand upper mount which caused the engine to rock up and tear the intake boot .I refurbished it and added a can of soup .Domed piston .22 thou head deck clearance 190 PSI static compression which is why the d-handle .This one is my go to saw .very reliable with plenty of power . It's rare I need to break out a larger saw for what I do .Usually wears a 20" but I have used a 32".no problems .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did find a picture of the big Swede .The story is I found it on this forum from some island off of Washington state ..It had sat on a barn floor for 20 plus years with a bad coil .The price was rather cheap .I found a used coil and rebuilt the Tilley large bore model HS carb and did some work on the starter drum bushing .I forgot if I used a plastic bushing or turned one out of brass .Tapped out a couple of bolt holes going from M5 to M6 .Is it fast ,don't know but running against other so called stock 2100's it's never been out ran but it wasn't anything I had done to it .
Nice saw. I had a 3120 as well, it was to much to heave around, so I pulled the big Cannon off that put it on my 2101, which I not light but way easier to maneuver than my 3120 was. And handles big wood just as well.

Back