Tennis Elbow

Ummm.... actually NO. Tennis Elbow is the most common term for medial epicondylitis but it is also known in other sporting circles as flyrod arm/elbow. Gripping while flexing. Whatever the activity, that can play hob with the tendon.

Slight correction...tennis elbow is LATERAL epicondylitis. It manifests itself on the outer condyle of the elbow...little finger side.

Golf elbow is medial epicondylitis. It manifests on the inside..thumb side.

Re: exercises...doing wrist curls is good; it works flexors and extensors.

You should also work the supinators and pronators. From a sitting position (in a chair, feet flat, thigh parallel to floor) hold a weight (e.g., a small cast iron frying pan) in the right hand with palm facing down. Hold the handle with the right hand and have the pan part sticking out past the thumb side of the hand. Rotate the pan CW slowly and then CCW...do 10 reps, 3 sets at each session...try to do 3 times a day.

Some folks use a dumbell with the weight only on one end so that you have a handle to grasp...it's called "Thor's Hammer".

High sulphur content veggies help with inflammation in connective tissues as well. Asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. Popeye had the right idea.

Gary, I sprawl corrected.:D

not fly fishing yo.........a different muscle grouper here for sure

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO07LmQNDnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO07LmQNDnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I would pull my arms under me. Wake up later totally numb...it seem to make over-use of my tendons worse...

I get that too, with big saws and when using older type ones that have poor av. It's kind of disconcerting, for a short time I get to wondering if the feeling is going to come back.

High sulphur content veggies help with inflammation in connective tissues as well. Asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. Popeye had the right idea.

What say you Butch? Think you can incorporate something green into your diet?;)

Attachments

• sun 3 may.jpg
    sun 3 may.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 2
Butch, I don't know if it was mentioned at all in the thread...but keep an eye on how your arm is dangling when you are on the computer. My elbow hurts depending on how it's hanging off the desk, or on my lap.

Just throwing it out there.

Back