Stihl MS150T

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Anyone used this saw yet? Looks like a great lightweight saw for deadwooding and pruning trees. I use my silky a lot in the tree, but would love to have a really light saw to bring with me. My 192T was a faithful companion for almost 6 years and though not comparable with the 200T it served its purpose for fine pruning work.

jp:D

Wow, it looks like a toy.

709348_orig.jpg

I know a few homeowners online I have talked to about them. They bought them because of their light weight mostly. Use them for pruning and trail work and they like them.

Price is high though. $400 USD

((((I've taken down a couple of small 5" mulberrys with the 150, it works very well. It is really nice to have such a light saw for limbing.)))

Anyone used this saw yet? Looks like a great lightweight saw for deadwooding and pruning trees. I use my silky a lot in the tree, but would love to have a really light saw to bring with me. My 192T was a faithful companion for almost 6 years and though not comparable with the 200T it served its purpose for fine pruning work.

jp:D

I'm interested in it too. I wish it was battery powered like the 160. Hopefully they'll go that route soon. I'd consider letting my 192 go for that 150. My 200 would have to be pried from my cold dead hands.

The local dealer's site isn't showing it as being available here yet. I'd only be interested in it if it were noticeably lighter than the 192. I still use a 192 from time to time, when cuts are under 8" or so and consist mostly of limbs/trimming. I used one yesterday taking down some tall spindly pines. Wound up ruining a 16" bar when it hung in a cut. Bent the tip just enough to let several bearings slip out. I keep two 200Ts and two 192s in the truck at all times. Just have to remember to use them all from time to time so the carbs don't get gummed up.

Back