Sore Hips While Hanging In Saddle - Expected?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Liger=lion/tiger hybrid. It's a real animal, but I don't know why the mod's called that. Sorry if you already knew that.

Yeah but what does that have to do with a harness most known for pointing out the problem with using high tenacity fibers for a bridge? That's why i don't use any of them for anything other than the cover of hitch cord, polyester won't randomly kill you and it's plenty strong enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A liger's stronger than a cougar, so it would indicate its stronger new bridge. Probably just a clever name riffing on the original big cat theme though.

Liger=lion/tiger hybrid. It's a real animal, but I don't know why the mod's called that. Sorry if you already knew that.

Something to do with the saddles being named after cats I think. Weaver Cougar, and Buckingham makes almost the same saddle called the Puma, and also the BuckCat, which is a lighter weight version of the Puma, I think.

The Liger mod is a great idea. Easy to put a new bridge on, and the addition of lower Ds is a real game changer. I could never go back to a saddle without lower Ds. I still have to build my MCRS, it’ll definitely have lower Ds. I’m daydreaming about what else to put on it.

Well, one of the things I like about my current saddle is the chunkiness. It feels good when I put it on. I'm used to carrying weight around my waist(aside from the whisky, cakes, and nuts of winter :^P ). I've deleted the TreeMotion from consideration, and Petzl wasn't a contender. It looks like it's kinda between the Onyx and one of the Ergos.

edit:
The annoying velcro straps mentioned above are helping steer towards the Onyx. Not a big fan of velcro.
Velcro is easy to cut.

I have am ErgoLite with the velcro.
It's OK. I'd guess Nobody Likes to lean and hear velcro pulling apart.

Anyone care to share a more in depth review of the MCRS and the August Hunicke saddle?

MCRS is my daily driver.

I have a TA 3.1 for Miriam that i could try, but...

MCRS isn't great for two bridges. It's workable. Rigging plates and stopper knots would be better than rings and anchor bends.

If you work in really wet conditions, you need to dry a leather saddle more than a synthetic saddle.

I do my best to have something set up for personal preference and ease , for me a piece of Smith Rod with two bends makes a perfect saw hook which fits all my saws (better than anything in the catalogs) , I remember drawing a deep breath and taking the scissors and bic lighter to my brand new saddle. Off with the velcro leg and waist adjusting straps also cut off the two nylon equipment loops (actually all the cheap snaps too) ... installed an old stainless steel Coping Saw brace on which gives me perfect backside stow for anything I might need aloft. I find it much easier to take stuff off and on the hard steel by feel as opposed to fumbling with nylon straps

Last edited:
Back