some older small Stihl saws

Those are two beauties you have there Jim, I'm jealous to say the least. Nice touch painting the dogs red to match the top:thumbup:

Sawtroll, you trying to stir up trouble :P Them are fighting words that Sthils are inferior :D

John B, Contra/Lightning is just an older Stihl saw.

I did some research on the Contra and found that they were Stihl's first direct-drive saw. The two you have look to be in great condition. Were they in your family or how did you get them.

How come you don't like old Stihls Magnus?

Well, They are saws, of course I like them, it is just not something that tickle my interest that much..

I think there is and was some good models, as there is in most brands.

I am first and foremost a Jonny man then Husqvarna but these newer I don't care much for... With exeption of Dolmar!

Well, They are saws, of course I like them, it is just not something that tickle my interest that much..

I think there is and was some good models, as there is in most brands.

I am first and foremost a Jonny man then Husqvarna but these newer I don't care much for... With exeption of Dolmar!

Magnus, You are a very wise man.:)

I think the Contra/Lightning /070 are all about the same.Hang a gear reduction unit it on it and call it an 090G.There are some differences but whatever they are all these models are highly collectable and usually fetch a pretty good price.

I did some research on the Contra and found that they were Stihl's first direct-drive saw. The two you have look to be in great condition. Were they in your family or how did you get them.

one come from ebay, other came from my stihl rep. Got another out in the shop thats not been re painted but is close to new, origional everything, bar chain, sprocket.

I got one of those lil 015's on my "Pony Saw" shelf, nice lil saw that responds well to a simple muff mod.

My Favorite version is the one Axe posted with the rear handle. I dont use mine anymore as the top handle causes me to perform stunts best left alone.:D

I got one of those lil 015's on my "Pony Saw" shelf, nice lil saw that responds well to a simple muff mod.

My Favorite version is the one Axe posted with the rear handle. I dont use mine anymore as the top handle causes me to perform stunts best left alone.:D

I still believe the 015 really is a Solo, and mostly the same saw as the Husky 32....

...but I can't prove it......:roll:

Back