Sanford Florida

No, a 4 month job that is being held up by office people, so i only got a month. Might go to south Carolina, but might just hang out until this gets going again. Depends on funds. Pipeline ended very early in the season for me this year, is what it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok so here's the plane: Leaving tomorrow, meeting up with Joel and crashing at his place monday night, then pushing on to Atlanta for a night staying at my buddies house and possibly meeting up with Gary, after that headed north to Louisville to stay with family for two days but on the way thru Nashville hit up Nutball possibly grab a burger or something, after Louisville cut over to Peoria and harass Kyle for a bit before the last push home.
Sorry about the horrible grammar on that one but I didn't know how to write otherwise.
Anybody else along the way?

Well I have made it back about half way. Staying in Louisville for two days. I missed meeting Gary because he had to be responsible and look after his grand chillins, or as they are called in the south. I also missed out on getting together with nutball because I have a friend that left his girlfriend in Atlanta, total shit show. Sorry if I was short on the phone Remington. I did however meet up with Joel AKA riskybusiness and his wife, two damn fine people! They embody kindness and southern hospitality to no end, true generous folks, and a pleasure to hang with. Still going to try and meet up with Kyle on Friday .

Thanks for trying, brother! Good talking on the phone, anyway. Ends up good it worked like it did. Shortly after we got off the phone I was playing Minecraft with the 9 year old and my wife came to me, both hands held up, blood running down one forearm. She had been getting ready to go to a church meeting and had hands full of some trays of delicious veggie wraps and a bottle of salsa. Some of what I thought was gore running down her arms was the salsa...moulage for sure. She took a fall at the bottom of the front stairs...probably a sweetgum ball did it. Nothing slippery there but I have slipped on them before...I have already taken down one big gum there....5 more will be coming out now. I periodically do the blower or kick the random gum balls out of the way but they are ubiquitous. Far fewer than in the past but still around. The boys and I dressed the 2 glass puncture wounds (salsa jar) and she went on to her meeting. She at least strained her rotator cuff...some limitation of motion, just watching it for now.

Hope your truck works out. Cool you are getting to roust out some of the Housers.

It's all good. I was working on the wood stove, the oil in the blower bushings gummed up, so I had to take it apart, clean and re-oil it.

@pantheraba Those shoulder injuries never seem to fully heal, hopefully it amounts to nothing. I have a shoulder injury I'm trying to be nice to, so maybe it won't ever need surgery.

That sucks Gary, hope she is ok. Time to kill some trees now! What's the saying, a painter's house always needs painting :D

Damn trees who needs them anyways. Lol I can see the script forming now for a new movie. : There was a peaceful Buddhist living the good life in Georgia and random tree violence came to his door and hurt what he loved most. :lol:

I'll take off my monk robe when I'm doing the tree work..... :D I like our big trees here until I remember how they can cut thru a house...like I saw at Katrina. These are 70-80' tall and 20-40' from the house....those numbers are kinda troublesome. And I have NEVER liked sweetgum balls....they are like ball bearings when you hit them right.

So I'll put my tree loving self aside long enough to do the deeds.

Sorry to hear about the wife Gary. Hope she's at 100% shortly. At least the trees on the hit list are only gums. I like most trees, but those are pretty low on my list. Makes them easier to remove.

Hope there’s no shards still in there. Itches something awful.
Glad it wasn’t worse man!
Probably hurt like hell if there was some spicy stuff in the wound! No habenero I hope!

Back