Saddle advice for a new climber.

I'd start with a decent sliding bridge harness. Another vote for the Petzl Sequoia. Enough adjustments available to personalize it without going overboard. It's light enough to start with, only gets heavier with how much gear you decide to take up.
The SRT model has optional suspenders...take the option!

I was fortunate to start in fairly modern harnesses...it wasn't long before I was in a sliding bridge harness as opposed to a fixed point...NEVER look back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good Morning All,
Thank you for all the feedback. I ended up getting a great deal on an Ergovation Saddle that had been returned to Wesspur, it has served me well so far. I’ve been able to take my first climbs and start limbing up trees. Attaching a couple before and after photos from my first gig 37578B93-0925-4579-AE6C-2690BA4B9423.jpeg D986C335-E866-4F9C-A9CA-29F4324BE294.jpeg

Good to see you’re still here and glad the Ergovation is working well for you. Which Ergovation did you go with? A pic would help. It seemed like there was 4 or 5 saddles that were quite different that Buckingham slapped the Ergovation label on.

I’m a big fan of Buckingham gear, they really build some quality stuff that doesn’t wear out much. I’m loving my Ergovation, easy to adjust, stays put, and very comfy to sit in once adjusted to fit me right.

Glad you got a good saddle. Nice to start off comfy.

Were you pruning for ladder fuel? To my eye that looks like overly aggressive pruning otherwise.

Back