Rain, wind and hail...

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
W

Widow Shooter

wow, just got back from the "tree from hell" job...:evil:

this tree has taken me 4 trips to get done, today I was almost done and the front blew in when I was up rigging down the last crown, about 50 feet or so?

this tree is( was) about 60', a soft maple in a yard that is maybe 30'x40'? wires on 3 sides, house on the 4th...:O

Seems every time I go there, some weather event happens and i have to leave it.

Today was GO day, had the last crown down and was working my way down the 2nd to last spar taking 6-8 footers off on my way.

Had the spring storm of the decade roll in, wind about 100kmh, rain, then HUGE hail LOL

I tried to get as much done as I could, but it was WILD :\:

I zipped down, and we got loaded in a medley of rain, wind and hail, got home dried my gear, got my ropes hung out drying in the laundry room.

I HATE this tree, I'll be glad to get back and get the spars and trunk down so i can get paid and leave that job in the "lesson learned" file.

So? how was your day?
ha ha ha

Cary

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, finally got the beast down. I have never been so glad to see a stump in my life...;)

My new 441 with a 24" bar made the final bucking a breeze:)

Fences, shed, garage, powerlines, house...whew, glad the pay-cheque was a good one!

Oh yeah baby, romeo y julieta and some cold beers...mmmmmmmmmmmm :) ;)

Sorry, Canadian...lol ;)

Nothing wrong with cheque...at least the Commonwealth knows how to spell...JOKINGGGGG

Glad you got your job done neighbour

Back