Planking

Thor's Hammer

Wolfish. Sometimes Bites.
Anybody else seen these fad? This picture was posted on a website as being one of the most awesome plank's yet-

i2NbW.jpg

If he'd have flushed those nutcrackers,
Hmm nutcracker which is kind of like a loose bicycle chain back in the day .Often caused young boys to sing soprano for several weeks after such an unfortunate incident .Seems my voice changed a lot back then .

I guess he never heard about " don't leave stubs"!
Was he trying to make that thing into a step ladder.
he appears to be wearing spurs, so I don't see no reason for it.

Sometimes you have to look real close at things before the artistic merit comes through. Are there Beetles or anything else on the bark? I mean it could be a statement about man's hoped for supremacy over the insect world with questions about the future in general, and lying in the prone position has a certain existential expression quality that gets conveyed. I find it interesting that he has selected being face down . There are rich collectors out there looking for modern art, especially from untainted fresh artists right out of obscure community colleges.

Actually, there is a new and somewhat popular thing called "performance art". It can be hard to find however, you are looking for the show and walk by someone doing something that you think may require medical attention, like banging on garbage can lids and making strange shapes with their mouth, but before you get too far away, people start applauding. Ha, you missed the performance!

Planking used to be a term used for roasting a fish in front of an open camp fire .Take carp for example .You lay the fish out all flayed open fastened to the plank with wooden pins made of apple or pear wood ,avoid piss elm .

Season the fish with herbs ,spices maybe some lemon juice and roast until done .Remove the fish and eat the plank .

This owling business looks like a good way to get splinters in a part of the anatomy that would prove to be most uncomforatable .Maybe much akin to a set of skivies full of fire ants,hungry ones at that .Not good .

This is the only time I've seen it where it is sorta cool.

I can't tell ...is he wearing gaffs. If not maybe that's why he left the stubs. But get some gaffs dude...if that's your day job!

I enlarged it and could see what looked like gaff pads on the calves.

So planking and owling is like streaking, just something dumb that kids do to attract attention. But they seem like particularly bland activities, relative to streaking for example, cuz basically nothing is being done. Sorta brings to mind Twitter, which I also don't get- the reporting of a whole lot of nothing for no particular reason.

If you owl and nobody sees it, did you owl?

Back