Petzl "Micrograb" Rope Grab - *NEW*

Knotorious

That Guy With The Face
Hey everyone!

I bought this Petzl Micrograb rope grab several months ago. It is completely brand new, zero defects, fully operational and it will come in its original packaging, along with the instruction manual and an Allen wrench. This device is midline attachable. Average MSRP is approximately $95 plus shipping. I'm selling it for $70 (plus $10 shipping). If you are interested, please send me a direct message. Please post to this thread with any questions or comments. Photos are attached below! Thank you!

Attachments

• PXL_20230505_014253640~2.jpg
    PXL_20230505_014253640~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230505_014322186~2.jpg
    PXL_20230505_014322186~2.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230505_014348053~2.jpg
    PXL_20230505_014348053~2.jpg
    719.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230505_015251260~2.jpg
    PXL_20230505_015251260~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's another cam and shell rope grab. Black. looks tactile.

They're good grabs, but damn fumbly to install on rope while wearing gloves. And please don't drop that pin in the brush.
Yeah, I installed it onto my harness one time as part of an adjustable bridge setup and it was definitely a bit frustrating (never actually used it). But once I figured out how it worked, it seemed worlds easier to do if there were to ever be a next time. I would definitely suggest pre-installation prior to any work you may have lined up for it. I know it isn't always realistic or practical to have that much forethought about every job, but it would definitely behoove the user - if they are able - to prophylactically attach the device to the desired rope. Rope grabs can be used for a wide array of applications and, based on reviews I've read, it is popular for its compactness without sacrificing any grab and its easy one-handed operation. And, as you mentioned, it is very tactile friendly; everything is smoothed down. It's also relatively light compared to a lot of the other options currently out there. Anyways, thanks for commenting.

Just a reminder that this rope grab is still up for sale. I just wanted to boost it back up closer towards the top of the "new posts" list. I'd be willing to trade if anyone has a new or any very lightly used (no serious cosmetic or mechanical problems of course) pulley-style triple locking carabiner such as the Petzl Roll Clip or, even better, a DMM Revolver RIG. I may be willing to also trade for other new/like-new items of a similar nature, such as Rock Exotica 1.1" Omni Block. If you have anything related to mechanical advantage or climbing devices that might interest me, and is of equal or similar value (modest amounts of cash can be added on either person's end to equalize differences in the values of the items being traded), don't hesitate to post here or send me a direct mesage. I can't promise I'll want what you have, but it can't hurt to ask, right? And of course, if you just want to buy it, let's do it. Thanks!

The price is being dropped to $62.25, which is $32.75 off of MSRP. Shipping for USPS Priority 2-Day will cost an additional $10. If you need it faster, I can send it Express for $35 which is overnight. This is basically the deal of a lifetime. Nobody else anywhere on the planet is selling this *BRAND NEW* and unused Petzl Micrograb rope grab at over 33% off retail. You WILL NOT find a better price. So if you've been needing a rope grab, and maybe you are looking to build an adjustable bridge on your harness, this is perfect for that! It can also be used in lieu of a prusik in any system that requires progress capture without any setback! This is great for light hauling systems, for the pretension-ing of a tree before felling, and it can even be used as an ascender in a climbing system, and much much more!

I sound like a freakin' advertisement on QVC. Just buy the damn thing, please, so I don't have to keep looking at all the money I spent but never used on a device! :dance::guns::big-rolling:

Buy it. You won't! Do it! *peer pressure*

@greengreer Buy it! Do it! I dare you! I bet you won't though. Prove me wrong! *more nonsense peer pressure*

I still accept viable trades as well for mechanical advantage gear such as pulleys especially!

Last edited:
I now have this item listed on Ebay at $79. You are allowed to make offers as well. The offers on the Tree House no longer stand. I'm sharing this in case someone was eyeballing this, but was afraid because they had no protection. Now that it's on EBay, both parties are protected. That's all! Thanks!

Back