Palolo Valley pines & Rainbow Euc

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Some footage from this last week. The pines were pretty straight forward, I lost all the footage from the day before we did a banyan over the same house and had to setup a cool floating TIP between the top of one of the pines and another tree way up the hill and crank the banyan branches up to the pine. All the video from that was wet and poor, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvU67xe6iXs

jp:D

Hella long swing on those pines! You love that handsaw, eh! I'm too lazy - I'll use my 200...

Cool tunage! :rockon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Yeah Butch, I would normally use the 200 on a lot of those bigger branches but getting out on those slippery long leads I like to ditch my chainsaw as much as possible.

Adrian, I am liking the hitch hiker but I'll tell you I still feel a lot more comfortable using the RW. The hitch hiker I tend to think about the hitch more whereas with the RW it is never on my mind. I think that with more time it will become more 'normal'. Overall, I think both are amazing tools hard to tell which one is better.

Smooth work Jon, one hell of a swing with those pieces you rigged out to the pine.

That Euc looked like a nice one... How's that climb line treating you (I'm looking for a good SRT line)

Very cool vid, John. Zenoah or maybe it's Redmax in your area, makes some small professional grade lightweight top handle saws that have guts. I think more guys would want one in their quiver if they knew. Perfect for smaller limbs like on the Euc, but I hear you on the slippery limb walk. Easier to pack around compared to a 200. Just finished rebuilding my G250, I guess it would be the G2500TS now if they still make it.

I saw rainbow eucs when I was in Hawaii...beautiful trees. First one I have ever seen cut/pruned. Excellent video.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
THanks for the tip Jay, I'll have to check it out. I'm not even sure where a redmax dealer is on Oahu but I'm sure there is one. I was just thinking of buying a 192T so maybe I'll look at that model as well.

Bix, that was only the second time using Kernmaster I like it a lot it's a nice blend between a complete static like snakebite and a regular climbing line. I like the thickness as well (11mm) a little fatter than my other snakebite line (10mm).

Porkbrick, I'm guess on the height, based on my 200ft line and my tie in I'd say the top of the tree was in the 130' range.

That Euc was really beautiful.

You sure have some fine trees on Hawaii.

Back