New Petzl Tool

If only, around 10 years ago or more, someone would have devised an SRT device to work in this situation. 🐒
The Hitch Hicker is good to sustain a side loading. The Akimbo can do it to due to its compactness but I try to avoid. A couple times, I sideloaded the Zigzag on a limb in srt, it wasn't a comfy moment, seing the chain following the roundness of the bark. As much I can see, it came back to normal. I guess that all depends of the curvature.

Yes, M-A, agreed.
I've got a HH as my daily flyer, and a HH2, which is getting more use, along with the Akimbo.

The first two are bomber, the latter is very compact, and easier to protect from side- loading.

Rope Wrenches are pretty safe against side- loading, which i also fly occasionally.

Ive got one I'd loan you, but I'd like it back at some point
[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate the offer but I hate to borrow things. I'm looking for one to keep in the bag for spar work. I had a HHX for a bit but sold it. Couldn't get it set right. Probably operator error but I tried everything. Hoping the HH2 might work out.

You prefer the OG HH to the HH2 @SeanKroll ?

No.
I almost always leave my HH or HH2 on the rope, tuned how I like it. A slide down the length of rope gives a good opportunity for rope inspection.

I was flying my HH on HTP, and got the HH2, which hung out for a long time, unused, until I needed another system for Rec climbing with kids. The HH2 is on Drenaline, which is bouncy, so it goes unused, frequently.

Not by design... just when it works and is bombproof, it stays. Never accidently left behind, oops.. clip and go.

I didn’t get along with the HH2 for some reason so I gave it to a friend in NJ who just retired to the wilds of Western Massachusetts. The HH and HHx are working fine for me, though RR and Akimbo are my go-to daily flyers.

No problems with it unfolding or anything? I have a SingingRock Porter I like pretty well, but last time I climbed with it, I clipped into a pin oak branch. Wasn't a huge tragedy or anything, but a bit of a pita. Removing the gate might make it better. Dunno... I like the looks of the ones that have a gate that can be locked open or closed. Pretty spendy though for someone like me.

Back