My Nutball modded 2511 update.

I heard they've lightened them a little: 8.2lbs instead of 8.6, but one source says a 200t is 7.7lbs. I kind of like the mtronic, it gets good power once it gets the tune right. And the 201t can be upgraded to a 7t sprocket instead of 6t.

But yea, it's heavy :)

In the Uk they supply them with the tiny 1/4 chain and bar (so I’m told)
I had to buy a replacement bar and chain.

For "good" cutting, I like the WoodlandPro 12" and Stihl pm chain 3/8lp .50. I use the stock bar for beater duty. I kept the default sizes to reduce variables in my saw collection. Everything I have is either 3/8 or 3/8lp .50, and I make my own chain from reels.

I've been impressed with WoodlandPro bars as a replacement for the consumer bars on small saws. They have a broader nose, and the steel seems to at least equal to the stock bars. Haven't tried their "pro" bars, and likely won't. My big saws are all Stihl, and I like Stihl bars.

I bought 2 of these almost a year ago. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I think they are woefully anemic. I can use them for trimming palms or handing off to an untrained groundie but about worthless doing real tree work. Would love to have one modded but then you're spending as much or more than a Stihl MS150. Out of the 6 MS150s I've bought, I have 3 still running and after fixing the issues they have been trouble free for quite a while.

Thinking of posting the Echos for sale on Craigslist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The stock one I have is nothing like the ported one. Ported they are amazing! Nutball's saw is still running strong as ever I would venture a guess that there's 150 hours on it.

I’d be interested in buying one if that’s a possibility. If you’d rather deal locally it’s all good.

I bought 2 of these almost a year ago. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I think they are woefully anemic. I can use them for trimming palms or handing off to an untrained groundie but about worthless doing real tree work. Would love to have one modded but then you're spending as much or more than a Stihl MS150. Out of the 6 MS150s I've bought, I have 3 still running and after fixing the issues they have been trouble free for quite a while.

Yea, post in the for sale section here.

I just bought 1 but would buy a 2nd one if someone was gonna make me with an offer that I can't refuse, well what can I say.

The weight makes it worth it, but they're are not a replacement power wise for a 35cc running a 16" bar.

That’s exactly it for me, sure it won’t match a bigger saw power wise, but it’s as good as weightless on the belt.
I think @SkwerI you must be the only person I recall who prefers the 150.

My 150's have gotten stronger with age. Mine can easily power through 10" limbs without bogging. The Echo is good for about 4" limbs then I get impatient trying to work it through a cut.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been running mine lately in oak, hickory, sugar maple, and basswood with no bogging. After the bar gets too short I go for the 550xp with a 20" bar and most of the time that's all the HP I need aloft until I can flop the log.

My 150's have gotten stronger with age. Mine can easily power through 10" limbs without bogging. The Echo is good for about 4" limbs then I get impatient trying to work it through a cut.
The 150 does have the advantage of the slower cutting but much thinner .043 1/4 pitch chain which can be adapted to the 2511t. I personally think the size of teeth they use on the .050 chain that comes on the 2511t is way to big for 25cc. It works much better, best actually with .043 3/8, it's the fastest option. The saw just needs to hold more rpm in the cut to make it run smoother, and that's where the porting comes in boosting the in cut speed by 2000rpm.

I have one of the first 150’s, it has had a timing advance and muffler mod and is still going strong all these years later. I bought another when I moved to Norway 3 years ago. That has been muffler modded and runs Aspen fuel. Still going strong.

I can’t compare to the lil’ Echo as I have never had the need to pick one up. A few mates in the UK have them and they love them, they also used my old 150 and it definitely made them smile. :)

Edit: Just checked and I bought the first 150 in August 2013, second hand of a guy on Arbtalk. Barely used and only paid 270 gbp for it back then including postage. Probably the best 270 quid I have ever spent.

Last edited:
Back