My new throw line reel…

littlenick

TreeHouser
I made this today… I haven’t tried it out yet it was a little cold out. I made it from a old trimmer line reel.

Attachments

• 100_1495.JPG
    100_1495.JPG
    760.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1496.JPG
    100_1496.JPG
    757.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1497.JPG
    100_1497.JPG
    856.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1498.JPG
    100_1498.JPG
    729.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some more...

Attachments

• 100_1499.JPG
    100_1499.JPG
    863.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1500.JPG
    100_1500.JPG
    533.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1501.JPG
    100_1501.JPG
    781.1 KB · Views: 11
Cool. Tree Machine/ Jim (from Arboristsite) was making similar reels a few years back. :)

I'm lazy, I just use a 5 gallon bucket. :P

I wouldn't wrap it real tight.

Here's mine. I wrap it around the throwbag, which sits in a 'lil cutout I fashioned. When you unwrap it, the throwbag is right there at the ready.

Attachments

• throwline.jpg
    throwline.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 172
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think i found something to replace my big shot!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fMxfms6VLk

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fMxfms6VLk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fMxfms6VLk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lazy, I just use a 5 gallon bucket. :P

Does your string ever get all tangled up inside the bucket? Sometimes mine does and it takes about 30 minutes to untangle it.:X Might revert back to some kind of reel, but I like being able to put the string right back in the bucket when I'm pulling up my rope....its almost always ready to go.:/:

top notch, I have a short strap and keychain carabiner attached to the bucket handle. I clip the throwbag on the carabiner when stowing to prevent it from tangling in the pile of throwline.

Dropping the throwbag into the pile of throwline would practically guarantee tangles.

Greg, the bucket doubles as a protective storage device for the bigshot head. No cuts or scrapes on the rubber tubing, so there will be no unexpected failures when I use it. For my application the faltheimer cube would offer no advantage but would leave my wallet $75 lighter.

I've tried the cube also the retriever line thingy ... it seems I do best with the old 5 gallon bucket , hand flake .. isolate the throwbag and it definetely is the place to store / transport the sling shot head ... just like SKWERL!

I dunno man, of course I'm Canadian but when I was down there recently their infantry looked like a force not to be reckoned with. Never mind their machine gun toting policios:O

top notch, I have a short strap and keychain carabiner attached to the bucket handle. I clip the throwbag on the carabiner when stowing to prevent it from tangling in the pile of throwline.

I have a square 5gal bucket I use with one of those "s" carabiners melted into the flange on the bucket. Its not the throw bag that causes tangles, the line just tangles sometimes.:/: I usually try to keep the bucket upright when it is in the back of my truck but unfortunately it falls over every now and then, maybe this has something to do with the tangles.:/:

A one gallon bucket would be plenty big enough.

And just glue some old fishing weights to the bottom and the bucket will not tip anymore.

The reason for the large bucket isn't for storage size, but it makes it super easy to flake line into when you're using it. The 1 gallon bucket would be much harder and slower to use.

For a while I used one of those tiny throw line bags when they were all the rage. What a PITA!

I bought one of them things, only to find out that my throwline was too thick to go through it:cry:

For a while I used one of those tiny throw line bags when they were all the rage. What a PITA!

Yeah, Skewl your singing my song there! I never thought a simple little bag could be such a torture machine! I've made up something like blaster uses and I'm still seeing if I'm gonna stick with it. However it sure is light years mo betta then that darn bag!

Wow, that musta been some thick line. What brand?

I can't remember the name of it. It is made in Germany and I bought a 300" reel of it, so it'll be around for a while yet.
The reason I like it, is that it doesn't hardly tangle, which IMO the thinner lines are prone to do.

Back