Motorcycling.

Who the hell knew Wilkinson made motorcycles?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sLvvMOsr25E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="xi46rGs"><a href="//imgur.com/xi46rGs">Bikechute</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh...I can't get past the question of why?? That seems silly. FWIW, I see no real risk to life and limb. Isn't that the whole point of extreme sport, anyway?

If you see no real risk in that gif B. I have to question if we are watching the same thing?

Maybe the 40' or so jump he takes as part of the approach seems riskier to you than the rest?

Jump high, seems easy....proper speed, properly formed ramp...no issues I can see. Pull a 'chute cord and let the bike fall to it's death (well, maybe it'll survive fine with it's own 'chute), also easy. I still see very little real risk.

But will happily hear your interpretation of said risks, Justin.

For one. The inherent risk of skydiving? I don't think many would call skydiving a risk free sport even at 1000's of feet from a plane. If you look at the vid the landing looks sketchy to me. Like just in time did the chute fill and lift attained to stop from plummeting to a painful death. The approach to the 'easy' ramp is balls out too. That guy is moving, dirtbikes get sketchy at high speeds. Having jumped dirtbikes myself on a very minor scale in comparison it's not easy peasy to just launch and be in control. Freestyle mxers launch from perfect ramps every time in shows. Doesn't look easy or risk free to me. Up the stakes, speed, etc and it doesn't get easier. So to me as a enthusiast who rides street and dirt I see that gif as impressive/crazy and not without risk. My.02, and worth just that.

Okie dokie, Justin...I hear you. To be clear, I NEVER said it was risk free, as you are pretending I did, but beyond that business...

I don't buy into your arguments, much, but that's just my azz shat Jaguar drivin' 250 kpm top speed persona talking ;).

Not that I'd do that jump :D. Smarter than that, me.

Okie dokie, Justin...I hear you. To be clear, I NEVER said it was risk free, as you are pretending I did, but beyond that business....

I don't believe I was embellishing your assessment. But maybe I misunderstood.

Uh...I can't get past the question of why?? That seems silly. FWIW, I see no real risk to life and limb. Isn't that the whole point of extreme sport, anyway?

I doubt you or I wouldn't attempt that because even if we did it's unlikely we'd make the launch even. As in make it to, onto, and off the ramp with appropriate momentum. We'd have have better luck doing it with your jag I'd wager. :D

I had a buddy who got into skydiving for a brief time. Exclaimed about the rush and how much fun it was. Mistimed his landing on like his fifth or sixth solo jump(here you learn tandem before being allowed to go it alone) and shattered his ankle. Never jumped out of a perfectly good plane again. :O. Sucked the wind out of my sails when it came to any desire to try it myself.

I imagine if you do any physical sport incorrectly you stand the chance of injuring yourself. I'll take that chance!!!

I would have to agree.

After spending 6 hours trapped under an atv with collar bone broke in 2 spots so a piece of bone was kinda floating, I gave up riding that thing. Really thought I was a goner then. Wearing a full rain suit for the mud, but as the hours passed it got hot out. Never been so thirsty or in so much pain. Completely trapped. A Good Samaritan driving a train stopped and helped get it off of me, and I was able to get my phone out and call my brother to come get me.

Here's some crazy!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/VxxCbnW"><a href="//imgur.com/a/VxxCbnW">Good think he had his helmet on</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turn up the sound, listen to him stomping the concrete off, LOL!

I would have to agree.

After spending 6 hours trapped under an atv with collar bone broke in 2 spots so a piece of bone was kinda floating, I gave up riding that thing. Really thought I was a goner then. Wearing a full rain suit for the mud, but as the hours passed it got hot out. Never been so thirsty or in so much pain. Completely trapped. A Good Samaritan driving a train stopped and helped get it off of me, and I was able to get my phone out and call my brother to come get me.

That’s a nightmare scénario, I had a quad accident and compressed some vertebrae in my neck.

Back