Motorcycling.

I'm vasectomized if there is such a word.
I just use neutered for fun.

Lovely.
Not my kind of riding at all, but I can still relate.
Weather is so fine here, I'm getting spring fever.
Putting some wider rims on the flying brick next weekend with two fat radials in preparation for this year's trip to the alps.

I have had many bikes but came across an old classic from a client. A 1972 Norton, 750 Commando (Combat Edition) in excellent condition. Bought it to take out when I need a mental break and all my trips are less than 20 miles. The old girl is temperamental and has no electric start so just getting her going is a fun challenge. Paid a premium for it but I'm hoping it will at the very least retain its value.

Got out in the bush and had a spin… so much fun…. Everything looked the same so I didn’t go to far by myself w/o a map.
7 miles from the house…. Didn’t see anyone else Out there. Way different than desert riding where visibility is like 3 miles here it’s about 30 feet.
Tons of mud, logs, low brush and lava rocks.…at least here.. 62C473D4-5F49-41E3-B983-4D7B5D610BC8.jpeg 5BF79660-9936-4417-B141-2253A0D8CEEC.jpeg

My son's out in SanFran right now and he's into mountain biking. Are there good cross use riding areas, or nary the twain shall meet? Any tips, info I can pass on to him? He'd have to rent equipment.

Is that last pic forest access road or broken/made rec trail?

Last pic is a real trail… they get tight out here… end up no where.
SF city… mountain bike in McLaren park, Golden Gate park.

across t he GG bridge is Marin Mt Tam where MTB was born… lots of trails there.

thx will pass it on. I went through a mental change from liking mx leaps, speed and roosting to enjoying threading between tree trunks occasionally clipping one with the bars while only occasionally actually spinning the rear wheel. Had no access to mx tracks and my knees went on strike:)

Interesting trivia - if you go full aggro in single track you drop your gas mileage to about half of that when dual sport cruising.

Back