Motorcycling.

Nices :) I camped at Donnington and some wally with an R6 was banging it off the limiter till 2am when the security nicked his shoes and dumped him 3 miles away to walk back :)

You're Ducatti looks nice Buzz. I have a friend with an 1198 Corse and I don't know how he still has his licence!:lol:

I was seriously tempted to get the new Pannagali a few months ago but it's just too beautiful and too fast. And my wife would shove me through the chipper!:cry:

January, wonderful weather here in California. Ride safe!
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CnF1KLidgqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2007_honda_goldwing_trike_6_lgw.jpg

Burnham, do have motorcycle experience or are you starting now? That looks like a hella machine.

Burn ham, that Ducati has your name written all over it.

Those trikes that have two wheels in the front are pretty trippy.

I'd like a sidecar, I hate leaving my dog behind.

Go for it, Burnham.
It really perks us old dudes up to ride again.
I've put 10000 km on the BMW since I bought it in january last year and LOVED every one of them.

I'm in a serious quandary about whether to sell it and buy another one in Switzerland or have it fitted with twin seats and extra footpegs and take it along.
My new lady love wants to get on the backseat and ride the mountain roads:)

I'll be renting a BMW R1200GS for a week in Northern California in june. Come on down on the Ducati and we'll do a run together.
Highway 1 was meant to be ridden on a bike.

It's been a a long time now, but yes...I did some time in the late '70s with British thunder between my legs :).
Multistrada's are very nice Burn but along way away from your last bike, ever ridden 150hp bike? They are what you may call quite nippy;-)
Why not get a something like a 650 V Strom to get used to a bike again, they are a very capable machine.

The Multistrada 1000 doesn't make 150hp, more like 95, I believe. Still, a good ways ahead of the 65 or so my old Norton Commando turned out, so your point is valid Tim.

Worth considering, 'cause I have no wish to paint a tree. I'll have a look at the bike you suggest. I also could look for a Ducati Multistrada 650, the Rotex version might be nice.

You have to admit though, between a Ducati and a Suzuki, there really is no comparison on so very many levels :).

No, there is a lot to be said for those brands that have kept to the same engine setup since they started, instead of dabbling in all sort of weird constructions.
( This from the guy who runs a 4 cylinder in line BMW:lol:)

90-100 Hp is about right for us old guys, Burnham.
Though I'll admit that if I do trade mine in for another one, I'll go for 130.

Just remember that you are old, and haven't run bikes for a long time and take it easy at first.
I puttered around all winter and spring and didn't really blow the cobwebs out of the exhaust untill I left for Switzerland in summer. By then I'd gotten used to riding again and felt safe doing 200 km/hr through Germany.

The Germans have never gotten used to speed limits.
A lot of them still zip along the freeway at 250 km+
So they have learned to look in the rear view mirror before changing lane, because something may be coming up from behind, FAST.

Consequently it is a very safe place to ride a bike fast.
I was passed by a Porsche when I was doing about 220 km and he slipped by so fast, that I couldn't even read what model it was:\:

Also they are a very law abiding people, so lanesplitting when ttraffic is stuck is real easy when you are riding an old police bike, like mine.
They actually made room for me, when they saw me coming:D

Back