Marketing/Flyers

Mailed out 42 brochures & fliers seven days ago. I've got two calls already, (good money clients). The cost to mail them out is paid for! This realy works! If no one knows your out there, they will not call.
And don't just rely on the phone book, it has your competions name and number in it too.

Gigi,
How did the news paper ad go. I put fliers in my brochures with discounts and such. Each brochure & flier mailed cost me .93 cents each.

i put an ad in the sunday paper 2 times last month for ....
last chance to prune fruit trees
and it was only $150.00 a pop, paid for itself in a few calls, and helped us book up several weeks of fruit trees
the flyers on doorsteps have been doing ok, have had about 2 jobs per 100 flyers
word of mouth is the best but its only based on reputation,
gotta do the best possible with every job...no slacking
it also helps when doing a bid to do some name dropping of folks you did in the area, ( round here every body damn near knows everybody)
good luck

The return rate on fliers is so miserable it shouldn't be considered. And people just loath solicitors in any form.

In the case of hazard trees a knock on the door is appropriate.

And it helped me through school in the 70's

I just got a high end client. Will be cleaning out the dead and damage, and some thinning on two Gumbos, a ficus, and five Mahogonys, plus fertilization for the whole property. It works down here. And I didn't have to under bid. My brochure is like a web page, lots if info, my lic, insurance, and certs.

the flyers on doorsteps have been doing ok, have had about 2 jobs per 100 flyers

I think it really does depend on your area.
For me, it never worked enough to justify the trouble.

I also just hate having junk dumped off at the mailbox. They also have no problems at all with leaving stuff inside the mailbox. The post office will call them to lay off, but it has no effect.

Flyers left on the street or thrown onto the driveway is just littering IMO.
Having people walk up to the door to place a flyer on the door or porch is often just an excuse for someone case the joint for future robbery.

Glad it works for you tho.

You're right about drop-offs, and i don't throw my fliers or brochures at mail boxs' eather. That's illegal here in the keys, (you get a fine for every box). I have them mailed with the owners name, to home box or p.o. box.

Back