Mandatory Training.... Logging ain't a GAME

its a very small program in Basic (computer language), pre Windows everything was done in DOS, I learned it in school as a kid and I would program computers in stores to run some bullchit text that couldnt be stopped till it ran its course.

I know! that was my phase just before the 'beat the crap out of people you know that are smaller than you' phase. :D

10 POKE X,Y
20 Y=Y+1;X=INT(RND 0-255)
30 GOTO 10

This does a fair job of screwing things up, too.

But it may well be that the reason for teaching the way they do has more to do with preserving the protections they have from liability. In my own case, my employer will back me to the end with legal expenses and personal liability from litigation by someone I have trained and certified as competant to perform the duties I signed off on IF, and only if, I have followed the established training program as I teach.

If I go off the reservation talking about situations where I'd advise one-handing an 066 in the tree, and students can truthfully testify that I did so, and then one of them gets hurt doing that very thing...well, my protection from exposure to civil liability litigation is out the window. If they get killed, criminal charges against me are not out of the question. Not a few FS instructors carry professional liability insurance at their own expense just because of this possibility.

Those lawyers sure have managed to screw everything up!

Whenever I teach Karate in the US, I run a realistic self defense seminar, teaching tecniques that actually work, because they are aimed at causing the attacker maximum damage.
The students love it and really learn a lot from it, but for fear of litigation American instructors cannot teach that way.
I can get away with it, because the dear lawyers would have a heck of a time getting a suit to stick across international borders.

The first time I joined a karate class as a student in the US, I had to sign a piece of paper, stating that I promised never to use anything taught in class in real life!

Haven't seen any of that programing stuff since my folks got us a TI in the 80's...

Classic...

That was back when TI invaders was the s#%T!

I was writing BASIC math programs for the kiddie garden and grade one teachers when I was in grade five, circa 1983/84, my pops bought an Apple II E clone. :)

The dude I work with is a Treklore legend...

He's one of the originals too.

I was sent home early from school one day because my dad, who gave me and my brother haircuts, gave me bangs like Spock, like I asked him to. The teacher said it was disrupting class!

Ha, that was wack, YO! :lol:

ha! thats a good one, I got suspended once but it was for a homework issue. My haircut never got me sent home, I did get harassed once in again but not sent home! :)

^ 5 There Boss8)

Hell, one time he gave us mohawks, and that was before that was popular! He cut it normal on the next haircut, and it was during summer, so we got away with it w/o even realizing what a trend setter me and my 'lil bro were setting! :lol:

I guess we were in the 3rd or 4th grades, maybe.

love it! I am looking forward to the time when Bub and I can sport matching 'faux hawks'. :D
250347.jpg

Back