Local Crane Operator Fatality

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's all speculation. We all know the dangers/hazards associated with high voltage.

just read this. really sorry to hear about your friend. me and a couple of other guys at work are studying to get our ehap certs and this really makes it real.

We hear about these unfortunate accidents all the time, but it doesn't really hit home until it's someone we know.....:(

Me. too. I'll talk to the owner in a few days - I don't wanna bug him now.

And I've got a crane job in the AM.

No. He doesn't rent his crane out to other tree guys/anyone. Randy was his dedicated operator with his name on the door.

Lordy. Poor Randy... Rest In Peace, Buddy.

Got to be one of those too sad miserable funerals, if it hasn't taken place yet. Hope that his family was at least protected in case of such an eventuality, workman's comp, however it works. He is beyond worries and cares now, RIP lad.

just you be safe butch, and keep your head clear, he's made it to the big top, and is looking down on ya, so feel him smile when you do your thing

I just finished slaying two hackberrys with a crane, close to energized lines... needless to say.

More on the story; supposedly the job was complete, but there was a hanger and Randy was attempting to dislodge it with the boom. That's all I have - I've yet to talk with an eyewitness.

Back