Light guide bars

Can you get it together if you put the chain on without the bar mounted? With the chain on the rim, lean the bar against the studs, and put the chain on. Pickup the whole mess, and mount it to the studs. Success?
It will fit on, barely. An already-used chain is too tight on it.

So the slot for the studs is not long enough? Archer has that problem sometimes on Husqvarna. I assumed Notch could be a rebranded Archer pro. Stihl is the same way on Echo and Husqy, bar can't slide back far enough to tough the sprocket.

It's not a slot, its a hole and its not in the right spot, its off by maybe 3/8" if I had to guess.

And more to skwerl's point, sure I/we customize a lot of stuff as needed. I had to grind off part of the side plate to make the outer dogs fit on my new 576 (edit 572), and had to beat the F outta the new fangled bar nuts to make them fit with the dogs. Hard to believe it was necessary-who would run that saw without double dogs?- but I did it to get it done. But I aint gonna bother drilling the F outta a dang bar that it should be child's play for the mftr to make it fit the saw it is advertised to fit.

Last edited:
Seeing as how I used to buy most of my supplies online and had them delivered to me, I got used to dealing with minor issues myself. It was a lot more cost and time efficient to fix it myself rather than return it and wait for a refund. But if you bought it locally, by all means return it and get a refund.

Well that is a good point too, I bought it at tree stuff and already tossed the shipping packaging so returning is not going to be effortless. I better let the Mrs handle it ;) . Her Indian name is Shopping Squirrel so she is adept with returns too .:lol:

Back