Keurig coffee

This is our model. Makes one cup at a time, very quick. We never use the steam feature. But a good cup of coffee definetly depends on the beans you buy. I am addicted to Starbucks Sumatra, a dark roast. Jerry prefers their breakfast blend, a light roast. The beauty of the Krupps is we can each enjoy our own blend.

Attachments

• p80417[1].jpg
    p80417[1].jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny, I don't know the first thing about making espresso so thats why I didn't respond:D

Ah, it's so easy! Fill the carafe with water, unscrew the big nob on top and dump the water in. Twist off the coffee holder and fill it with ground coffee. Twist it back in place. Turn the on/off knob on and you'll have a great cup of coffee in 1-2 minutes depending on if the unit is already warm from making a previous cup. We've broken our carafe a few times and we just go to hardware store and buy a generic one of the same size. It's cheaper than sending away for a new Krupps Carafe and quicker, too. We even got smart and now have a backup in the cupboard.

I've tried that brand and thought it was good too, Stephen. In fact if there were a Costco near us I would buy their beans instead of Starbucks because I find them very close in flavor and much cheaper. Closest Costco is almost 3 hours from us.

Yeah... we have one an hour out near where Katy goes to school... I con her into stopping at Cosco from time to time... Something to do on a rained out day as well...

And you and Gerry saw our coffee pot :lol:

Any of you ever tried roasting your own? Something I would like to try, but haven't done yet. My neighbor buys shade grown and gave me some and a grinder she didn't like. Sampling coffee from around the world. Much different than your standard store fare.

I tried another cup at the radiator shop yesterday, actually came out nice. They said costco had them for $150 with an 80 pack of k cups

I use the GSI espresso maker, just right for a single cup.
Fill base with water, add coffe to basket, screw shut, place your coffee cup under the spout (and you can lift the espresso maker off the heat source with the coffee cup)
Got mine at Campmor, and it's been used at home on the stove top, on a camping stove, in the coals of a campfire, and with a solar oven, so far...

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___15774?cm_vc=PDPZ2

15774_l.jpg

Pat, I don't remember seeing it at the GTG, that looks like a good Christmas gift idea for the coffee drinking camper

Paul,
As I was flying I was traveling light. My friends in Portland have one (my Christmas gift to them in 2009).
We used that one while camping in the Coast Redwoods. and I repaired it in bstewert's fine shop!

I like the french press fine but my wife broke it and our electric coffee pot quit after 6 years

A cousin has the Keurig and I find it real hit or miss on quality of the cup o' joe.
It seems pricey when you add up the cost compared to a french press, quality beans and a grinder.

Just had another decent cup at the lawyer's office. You can use your own coffee if you want.
KRG-LG-MYKCUP.jpg

That looks like the way to go with those things. Not those sealed up single serving deals.

That looks like the way to go with those things. Not those sealed up single serving deals.

I just used one of these keuregs at my uncles house for the 1st time.
It was curious to see single use plastic serving sizes, Jeez multiply that by a million users and you get a lot of plastic.

I can't afford to be picky. I just buy whichever is cheapest, usually betwixt Maxwell House and Folgers. The last two mornings, I set the coffee pot on auto, went hunting for a little while, and came back in to a great aroma of fresh coffee.

I've tried that, but the sound of the pot clicking on wakes me up, so I don't get to wake up to the smell.:(

If anyone cares, my wife got me one for christmas and so far I like most of the darker roast coffees I have tried. The cocoa is good too.

Back