Introduction

• Thread starter The Tree Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 3K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Relax and make yourself at home, my friend.

Have you been in the biz long?

Thanks very much! About ten years, I love the work, it's the business of tree business that has been an eye opener. Lots of risk, unreliable employees, bad economy (lately) that it has lost its luster a bit, but I keep my overhead low, and my powder dry. I have other investments that help keep the tree biz fun as I don't need to do it everyday to survive. I wondered if I might be thinking too small, and invest big bucks, and have crews going all the time so I can just meet with my lawyers all day, but then I see these guys now lowering their prices just to keep their guys working 40 hours and I just don't know. It's an ongoing experiment I'll tell ya.

I didn't know you had celebrities here! Gerald Beranek! Wow, nice to make your acquaintance sir. I have volumes of respect for you, and everyone here has been super!

Cheers! :beer:

The best business model for a treeco is usually a smaller 2 to 4 man operation, IME. Anything else can easily become a headache quick.

Yea, you're darned tooting - the TreeHouse RAWKS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Upper Cape. I service Sandwich, to Dennis. Been known to travel further out when the pay is good. What's going on up in Bean Town?

The best business model for a treeco is usually a smaller 2 to 4 man operation, IME. Anything else can easily become a headache quick.

Yea, you're darned tooting - the TreeHouse RAWKS.

How true! I quit sub climbing 7 years ago to get into management and now it weighs on me 7 days a week.
Jeff

Last edited:
Back