Insurance coverage assessment

PCTREE

Treehouser
So as I am trying to figure out how to distance myself from the day to day running of our tree business to free up time for other pursuits ,it obviously becomes even more important to have good insurance coverage. Have any of you had your policies gone over by a profesional to see if they actually any good. Our last crane policy had a clause in it that any accident caused by earth movement wasn't covered !!! I would imagine 90% of crane accidents are caused by outriggers sinking ie earth movement. The one time I actually had a claim years ago due to a chipper flipping in transit they wouldn't cover it because some random clause that to me was not even intelligible .

So who has their policies reviewed and by whom ?

Nah. Sounds like I should

Perhaps all crane insurance doesn't cover accident due to earth movement?

Every time I call my non working business partner (my insurance company), about anything, it seems that it costs me money. Dealing with insurance seems like the worst part of business, but I'm glad we have good coverage ( I hope it is)

Last edited:
Every time I call my non working business partner (my insurance company), about anything, it seems that it costs me money. Dealing with insurance seems like worst part of business, but I'm glad we have good coverage ( I hope it is)
Two years ago I paid my policy and went about work. The following year I paid $50 which was the increase in fee because.....the agency hadn’t renewed my policy with the insurance company the previous year!

Back