Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm frequently trying to think of ways to slow a tree's fall re sidewalks, driveways etc, but I don't think that is one of em.

Not if you had a magic cut to slow em down

Haha.

As I qualify, most times, I learned it from Gord on TB forever ago, and am mystified that people resist it. So simple, easy, effective, and allows for a lack of precision, whereas a lot of cuts like a triple hinge require very precise cutting.

Full-gap faces on big trees are similarly easy, if your bar reaches through to bore-cut the back wall first. If you have to double cut, the full-gap is harder, but probably only as close to as difficult as matching a standard double-cut face-cut.

It reminds me of Gerry's anecdote about learning about the Coos Bay felling cut at the Golden Corral.

I know, I know.

Just being silly and ready to do some tree work coming up this week.

I bucked some firewood and dragged a bundle of 5 logs out of the woods for more bucking last night. Scratched my sawing/ "Ogre"ing itch.

No idea why they're dumb enough to do that on such large cable, but that's a redneck way to find out which breaker is feeding that particular line and to kill it during demo. When it's cut both lines in there are connected by the ax, so it trips the breaker. I've done it on smaller 120v house lines, which pops but nothing like that.

That's f'g insane!

Btw, I figured you know what was up there;);)8)

Back