I second that Treemotion

Eric H-L

Treehouser
I am confused by the various versions of Treemotion. I bet there are still Superlight and OG Treemotion out there new or lightly used. Then there is ANSI, Evo, Essential and Pro. If you like your Treemotion and you were ready to replace it which version would you choose?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am very happy with my New Tribe Onyx. Will probably get another when it wears out. *If* I was getting a Treemotion…I do like the way the new Pro is designed for a ten year life and they plan on having so many replacement parts available.

Yea, I like the modularity of the new Pro. That got my attention watching the video. I'm also super happy with the Onyx, but if I were to replace it tomorrow, I might go with a Buckingham to satisfy my 'what if' curiosity of the other choices I was considering. If you told me I *had* to get another Onyx, that would be fine too. I've been loving it.

my problem with the old treemo's was that the new lag straps were almost 2/3 as much money as a new treemo, also by the time they are worn out, everything else is quite worn as well. especially the conveyer material that supports the material hooks starts to rip. in theory i like the idea to keep my harness going for as long as possible (or everything else, for that matter) might need to check out the valiant, after all.

my problem with the old treemo's was that the new lag straps were almost 2/3 as much money as a new treemo, also by the time they are worn out, everything else is quite worn as well. especially the conveyer material that supports the material hooks starts to rip. in theory i like the idea to keep my harness going for as long as possible (or everything else, for that matter) might need to check out the valiant, after all.
Yes, I get it. Replacement parts are only a good deal if they are reasonably priced. Is that too much to ask?

And they are saying they are going to discontinue Evo. That thing just had released other day to my mind.... So , I don't know I can trust TM Pro 10 years replacement part scheme. And I'm pretty much sure it's would be those so high in a head " Euro pricings " on each replacement parts. you know ? Thise corporate mind thingy like . ..

Last edited:
Welcome to The House! Looks like a lot of the replacement parts are fairly generic, and could be replaced whether or not Treemotion sells them. It wouldn't be a factor in *my* decision to buy. Comfort, features, and build quality are what I'd look for, and I'd assume a 5 year replacement cycle. If I can get more than five years, I'd consider it a bonus, but not a factor unless it pushed it ahead of another saddle I considered functionally equivalent.

Welcome to The House! Looks like a lot of the replacement parts are fairly generic, and could be replaced whether or not Treemotion sells them. It wouldn't be a factor in *my* decision to buy. Comfort, features, and build quality are what I'd look for, and I'd assume a 5 year replacement cycle. If I can get more than five years, I'd consider it a bonus, but not a factor unless it pushed it ahead of another saddle I considered functionally equivalent.

I've just made an order for an regular 5 years life spun harness with Blackfriday/ thanksgiving day deals for my next season harness .
So , during those next 5 years I would observe its real users reactions over TM Pro. Only then I would make my next purchase for it.

You guys all I already knows that this climbing equipments world...you just cant jumping on every brand new items without any real good reputations behind it.

One should give a time & wait a while to see whether it is really worth it or not with this climbing gear market. Especially, big price tag purchase & its gonna go right next to your skin all the time like such as harnesses.

Last edited:
I've just made an order for an regular 5 years life spun harness with Blackfriday/ thanksgiving day deals for my next season harness .
So , during those next 5 years I would observe its real users reactions over TM Pro. Only then I would make my next purchase for it.

You guys all I already knows that this climbing equipments world...you just cant jumping on every brand new items without any real good reputations behind it.

One should give a time & wait a while to see whether it is really worth it or not with this climbing gear market. Especially, big price tag purchase & its gonna go right next to your skin all the time like such as harnesses.

The tree motion has been one of the most popular harnesses in Europe for years now. I am on my third or 4th TM. Their reputation speaks for itself.

As for the US harnesses, a lot of them don't meet the safety standards required for Europe. Unless CE marked, of course. I don't count they are well built and have good longevity but in the UK a lack of CE marking in most cases means it will fail LOLER. (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 )

The tree motion has been one of the most popular harnesses in Europe for years now. I am on my third or 4th TM. Their reputation speaks for itself.

As for the US harnesses, a lot of them don't meet the safety standards required for Europe. Unless CE marked, of course. I don't count they are well built and have good longevity but in the UK a lack of CE marking in most cases means it will fail LOLER. (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 )

Right ...

But there is always some doubts & repeating questions to one self that whether CE marking can really trustable or not ...

For instance , Can you really trust this device below ? I would not . Not this form just yet . And it's got CE marking.

It's really close but not perfected enough.

It's looks great & so close but not just enough to gain any trust from me.

This manufacturing company must have thought ...

Wow thats such a great idea ! 😲 let's just rip this guy off !!
Over the real Inventor of this "open gated ring" invention. Petzl was first but it's not really convenient.

Well...
I guess this company forgot to pay for the key elements for this to be completely perfected form ...

that I'm assuming. LoL 🤣

What a stupid maroons...

Last edited:
I had not heard of the DMM saddle!! I look forward to hearing and seeing more.

I tried on a TM and a new model Sequoia SRT the other day...the weight difference was quite obvious, Sequoia being much lighter, but I will say the TM felt pretty comfy.
Hopefully the supply shop will rig up a rope so one can hang in them to get a true fit and feel.
Dropping $7-800 on either, it's got to be right.

Link? I read some stuff on the Buzz, and it read like their demise has been predicted for years, but they were still healthy, producing at a level comfortable for their size. It was said lack of gear is typical for end of year, and production would ramp up again next year. :shrugs: I don't know. I'm just relaying the summary as I understood it. It would be a shame to lose them.

Looks like some more stuff was added to the thread since I last looked. From New Tribe's site...

l0iq76t.png

Looks like rec saddles are still in production. I guess it ain't over til it's over. If they're still making /something/, I suppose there's a chance the Onyx will return, but it isn't looking great :^(

Back