Husky T540I XP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Mick! Would you mind weighing in on this?

I searched Euro info and it looks like maybe not for sale there just yet either?

Have you heard of cost? (I saw a reference to it being pricey.)

@Mick! Would you mind weighing in on this?

I searched Euro info and it looks like maybe not for sale there just yet either?

Have you heard of cost? (I saw a reference to it being pricey.)

Don’t know too much about them, on AT there was a thread, I have heard they are more powerful than the 536 (which I have)
I would hope the batteries are compatible, as they are the expensive part.

Only saw a post or two about it on AT. I'll check again tomorrow. Yes I hope the batts are cross compatible.

I like the 536 for trimming jobs with mostly 3 inch cuts or smaller and a handful of big cut up to 10 inches. The 540 looks like you could just work through trees even if they have a lot of cuts up to 10/12 inches.

Thanks

You are welcome.
Jeff Perry is Treedude...

I have the 535 and 536... batteries are interchangeable... I have to assume these new ones should be interchangeable compatible.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's great. Looks like they can be run right up to the point you switch to a mid size saw on a takedown. Nice.

I'd like to give one a shot.
Demoed the 536 when it came out and was impressed. I told myself then that I would wait for the 2nd iteration, the way battery technology is developing. Maybe this is it.

I love em (536) for everything... the b200 battery lasts enough for me...

Not super torqy so chain speed is paramount... also seems the chain is always loosening with the plastic bar nut.

I take the battery out when I sharpen it... because I've seen enough movies.

Last edited:
Looks like 540 is it greengreer. We'll know more by the time they are up for sale in the US.

There are definitely a few things like that Deva. I think of as "soft" for a chainsaw, but love the low noise, no fumes at my location - sorry power plant surrounding homes, near instant ready with no pull starting the engine.

What's that about the power plant?

I've been in a buff daily at work, even that improves engine fumes , and dust, too.
I use my electric rear handle at my GFs regularly, not being in any hurry, and it's quiet and clean.

I love myT536LIXP. I'm actually looking to buy another right now. But I would be open to the T540 IXP if the batteries are interchangeable. I think I read where they're a different volt though.

The power generation plant and surrounding area get all the fumes from an electric saw Sean rather than," it makes no fumes." Distinction many electric car lovers love to miss.

Benjo have you seen any info anywhere you can link or point me to?

Yeah, that's one great way to distinguish it. My mind just does a hiccup full stop every time I hear someone say, "Zero Emissions" like they believe it.

Nice, thanks.

It looks like it will perform well. I've used the older 535 batt saw for trimming and loved it. Now this looks powerful enough (from some other videos of cutting I've seen) to be used over a much broader range of my tree work - more and bigger cuts.

Last edited:
Soon there'll be no more: " I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning"!

Maybe. Boosting power on what is basically an existing saw is a good start. I read a bit of an article about graphene (sp) battery technology coming along the other day but since it listed recharges as only 50 times I thought it was more of a come on article than a real jump in accomplishment.

Back