How do you view the TreeHouse?

PC or Phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, one thing on the new forum is a serious slowing down : the smilies.
I know, old PC and the associated problems, but when I want to put a smiley in my text, my pc starts the loading and shows a small window with very few smilies and some codes of others (even not the pics), then it freezes for several minutes. I followed it once and I found 5 minutes ! Some times, it's quicker, say 2 minutes, but instant replies aren't allowed !

Question :
Is it absolutely mandatory to load 1958 smilies and various tiny pics ( yes I took the time to count them) when I just want to put a :D ?
Now, it's more a :X.

:beer:nonetheless.
@Brandon
Unfortunately I think this affects only you. On several test PC's and phones, the smilies load very quickly.

Would love to have a magic solution for this but alas.

Can try clearing cache, TURN OFF ALL ADD ONS, different browser, if can different location w/same device or routing thru proxy server kinda thing this sounds like to me. i think some malware detectors flinch on these as they can hide nasties and if flood box with 200 that need checked can be prob. Would disable all disablers and run as clean wide open as can to benchmark at least.
Site Looks fine here. i use laptop and tablet 50-50. Tablet works better reading than writing, only draw vectors on computer.
10" Android tablets rocks, especially cheaper now. Would want at least 2g ram; 1g ram drags
i favor this 8g ram $60 loaded up with 128g ssd and even a sim card and back up phone simm card slot i don't use and 8mp/13mp cams i dont use

Last edited:
Back