How busy are you this year compared to other years?

That is crazy.

We were slow af up until about 2 weeks ago, things are picking up a bit now. But it is craZy that things are slow, with all the rain this spring it's like a damn jungle around here.

I just checked to see why I feel busy- I have 2 whole weeks on the books!! :lol: :|:

Only two weeks of bookings makes me nervous normally. But we rarely saw that in the past. Only after summer when we would normally schedule vacation, or during fires

FIrst, make some calls to custys that had outstanding work they wanted done in future.
Second, line up odd jobs like splitting wood, milling, etc for Rob.
Third, resume and job apps local.
I can't go far. Elderly parents. Katy is starting her Iron infusions again at any time and other testing requiring me to drive her to and from.
And then there is my Teen......

No work. No calls. Nuttin
20 years we rarely are scheduled less than 2-3 months out. Now nuttin
Thought so.

Dont panic, once in a blue moon I completely run out of work, no enquiries, nothing in the diary, nada.

Just keep on, the phone will ring, put out a new ad on FB or in a magazine. Fix some machinery, maybe even phone a few bids that you didn’t hear from.

Part of running your own show is also holding your nerve when the ride gets rough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I sometimes go from "huh, phone has been slow" to "quit f#$kin' ringing, already".

It will swing back.

It's the end of school year cramming for people, right now.

On a positive note. I get to do free work on my off days. Yesterday, I removed a lead off a cedar over the water sorage and pump house at my parent's place. Some dead over one of the drive ways and fixed the irrigation system. Just had to replace the controller. Had troube shot it last trip over.
Today I'll assemble more engine on the one ton.

The plumbing company where I work are dumping thousands into google to get the phone to ring. This means the advertising budget is double from what they’ve shown us. Sometimes it’s even more than double. Sometimes it’s a good ROI and sometimes not so much.

The tree work is slow for John and I. From what I can gather, quite a few tree companies are jumping on the work within a few days of sale. We have customers with stuff they want to do but just not right now.

Young Buck would work me seven days a week, if I let him. Since he can't be bothered to pay me properly, I don't push things. The way he climbs, if he switched me roles, we could knock out twice the volume of work. I'm that much faster than he is. I'm tempted to start racing him up the trees. I keep saying it, I'm gonna have to do it, but he don't pay me right now, so he can't afford me rocking that hard.

Back