Help with micro pulley selection

Mesquite

Treehouser
I recently bought a cmi single anchor point micro pulley any of you that has seen the making rope wrench thread that i have just used it for the wrench and need to replace it. I bought it to tend my lanyard. So here is the question is a single hole micro pulley the best thing for tending? I also am going to buy one more from them as well.

What type of micro pulley do you think is best? A one,two or three hole attachment micro. It could be for climbing or to helping rigging

Would a three hole be a good choice to use with your bridge? I see those fancy swivel ones people use. Or maybe the mouse ear to hook my climing line and a lanyard to my bridge? Maybe the triple hole for the bridge so when i only have my climb line attached i can have it in the middle hole and when i attach my lanyard and climbing line i could attach them to the two outside holes.

Any ideas or thoughts are welsome

I haven't used it for this purpose yet, but I just switched mine over to a fixed plate pulley. Makes the system more compact than a sliding plate pulley with a snap.

I think that the DMM Hitch Climber pulley, with its triple attachment points is ideal for a lanyard. Even if you never use more than one or two of the holes on the pulley with your lanyard, this pulley can be used as part of an MRS system and it can allow you to use your lanyard in a way where you make a single connection to your bridge and where your carabiner clips into one of the holes versus on your side/lower Ds. Additionally, this product can be used for light rigging. Finally, but even if you never use the extra holes, you will be investing in the highest quality of pulleys and the price isn't that much higher than other slack tending pulley offerings. The quality of DMM gear is second to none and while you might not see a use for the triple attachments now, someday you might. If you want a pulley that has a sheave which rotates better than the original Hitch Climber, you can get the Rapide for some extra money and you will have an ultra efficient pulley that can be used for light rigging and hauling, and for use on a lanyard, with maximum efficiency. That is my personal opinion on this matter. Great question

Oh shit.i just reread and realized you all were saying this guy disappeared. Not sure why it showd this as a new post.

Last edited:
Back