Heading to the PNW!

treesandsurf

Treehouser
Hey all the housers in the northwest I'm heading there mid December for week and a half. I'm hauling my gear over as well as I've got to do some work for a family member when I get back to norcal around Christmas time. If anyone can use a hand (that hasn't shut down for the holidays) I would love to get to climb and do some work with another crew. The tentative dates would be December 10th to the 20th but I'm pretty flexible, going to buy air tickets in the next few days. We can always do a work trade in hawaii too! 8)

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah MB I've got family in portland and my folks have a place in Lincoln City on the coast so I figure I can road trip around and hopefully get into some trees. Yeah Ian should be a fun one! I'll try and get some pics. I would think Bend would have plenty of snow in December?

For sure, pics would be rad. Yep, plenty! Snow usually doesn't stick around in town for too long, melts off fast, but bachelor will be opening soon. No sick days for me, just powder days 8) I'll let you know if we fill out our schedule.

Dude...

It would be cool to actually hook up in the city here.
I know a gigantic Euc to climb yet, I'd love to try it with you.

It's in Stern Grove behind the music stage, must be 175ish.
80' to first crotch...

That sounds rad Deva, stern grove is the one with the cool old green entrance gates near sunset district? I remember driving by and seeing some pretty big eucs inside... We should be in bay area around the 20th or so maybe before Christmas? Do you know a guy named Dave that moved to Hawaii he said he used to work at Presidio and is here on Oahu, really nice guy.

Yes, JP. That's the place on 19th avenue at Sloat.
Dave? no....doesn't mean it's not true,
John McCommas my old Supervisor is on the other side of the island than Waikiki.

lets talk then. Have fun on the trip sounds fun.

I was hoping to have some good work crop up, up here, but no dice. Slow going into Christmas, barring any big storms. No word of anything but chance of rain.

No worries Sean, heading out on Wednesday hoping for decent weather I guess we'll see. Stoked to see some big conifers!

I'm not familiar with Oregon trees, really. There are old growth at Beacon Rock State Park up the Columbia from PDX, as well as Lewis and Clark SP around 65 miles north of PDX. There are some 7'-ish spruce behind the buildings at Fort Columbia SP down at the mouth of the Columbia (not in intact forest, nor so tall for their height due to high wind making them taper significantly), but probably 150'. The first two have better trees, especially for the distance. I don't know the regulations about climbing in SPs. What is that thing about it being easier to ask forgiveness than permission?

The champ is 268' with a few more near that in the same grove. think Mario and a friend of his found them. Near Grants Pass

Back