Halloween?

There were always some worries about Halloween even way back when. My mom wouldn't let me eat any of the loot besides sealed store candy. Three thousand miles away someone might have stuck something unkind in an apple, and suddenly that person lived in my neighborhood too.

Only the youngest is going tonight. I believe he is going as an insane surgeon. The boy might be a little off.:lol:We live in the woods so we have always trucked them over to my parent's neighborhood. The parents moved this summer but we still have many friends over there so same plan, different base of operations. We haven't had one trick-or treater in my neighbor hood in 14 years. I still leave a bowl of candy out. I wonder who will eat the left over candy?;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are the kids of a guy on my fishing forum.

"I ain't looking for much.." :rockon:

zztop.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_M6NkfNFsA?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_M6NkfNFsA?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The actual day of Halloween is kind of special to me as it's the birthday of my one and only daughter .--and that I assure you I could care less of it's celebrated in Denmark or not , I celebrate it .Figuratively speaking I was there for the laying of the keel to launch 34 years ago ,details omited .;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only saw one kid tonight, walking with her mom who was trying to figure out which doors she could knock on. I can understand them skipping my house since I didn't turn on any lights but the old couple across the street have lived there for 40 years and raised 6 kids in that house and they only got one trick or treater.

Our youngest daughter phoned about an hour ago. Her and her BF were out for supper, when they got home they could smell smoke. Seems that something caught fire in the attached garage. The wall to the house is charred.

Seem odd that it happened on this day! RCMP are looking into it. Just what she needs a month before she has a baby!

Survived Halloween for another year. I think I will set up a table next year down town with our cards and what not. Shook hands and laughed a lot with families we know and business owners like ourselves. Kids had a great time. Lilly got totally into it. Levi even went to haunted houses this year :)
My parents made it just in time before we left. My dad reminded me that this was the 40th anniversary of him and my mom getting together. 40 years ago he came out to our neighborhood in Saugus CA when he was dating my mom and took us all trick or treating in our neighborhood, carrying my youngest sister on his shoulders. He married my mom right before Christmas that same year :)

Dang, Brent...sounds like a drywall party in your future, or maybe thats just my family.

Took the little man out tonight, his favourite treat was a couple of little plastic bugs given to him by a friend of the family. Not really interested in the candy thing just yet. Phew.

We had friends over to cut punkins and eat popcorn and cocoa and dressed the babies up, Trevin didn't want to put his puppy costume on tonight even though he had fun last night with it

The costumes are now pajamas and dress up stuff. Our kids wear them to death every year. Lilly is the general exception to the three. She prefers the nekkie baby approach :lol:

I can put up Drywall, I quit the mud/sand paint thing years ago! That is how I learned "less is more". The cops had a call while he was at Jessica's place, some bozo hung a dog in Kindersley.

I am thinkin' the kids are freaky enough these days, they don't need a holiday to prove it. She feels pretty violated at the moment! As a matter of fact she is pissed right off, and if you knew her, you don't want to be in her sights when she is in that mood!

OK so Chapel Hill was normal I hear, I didn't go down there but 1000's hit the streets in full costume. Downtown Hillsborough was dead, none of the mercvhants were passing out candy. When we had the shop we went through 3 or 4 pounds of candy, the Fire Department went through more than 20# one year; I don't know what happened this year. The Historic District was buzzing with groups of small kids, I made the mistake of tryiong to drive through there, took 15 minutes to go a half mile because of all the kids.
That's the report from central NC.

two soild hours of trick or treaters....ran out of candy. We took the rugrats to see the grandparents and then a quick stroll around the block to see some neighbors.

Attachments

• th3.jpg
    th3.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 5
  • th2.jpg
    th2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
  • th1.jpg
    th1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
Back