Extreme Loggers

Well I guess I don't know. You can't look at them while they are on the truck? But it puts you at a bargaining disadvantage, if you don't accept their price you have to reload your truck and no one wants to do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've dropped lots of logs off at the mill. They have to be unloaded before they can be scaled, or at least that's the way they did it.

Makes sense, I guess. Can't say I liked their loader too much; give me the grapple anyday.

I'd suppose perhaps they use it because of the veneer use?

Logs are always scaled after unloading or before loading(right on the landing), if you want the best price. The other way you get a flat price per BF (usually lower) for the whole load, usually with a minimum grade requirement. Then the mill will go back after you are gone and cull what they consider low grade logs and deduct it from the total scale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So no one's watching this week's episode? It's nearly over, and relatively good!

I watched it. Missed the first 10 minutes. Did they actual show anything being felled? Never seen an operation like that. I was surprised how many turns they could make in a day.

The foreman "Mako" or whatever his name was, was a tool. I laughed when 30 seconds after telling the new kid to watch his head around the choker bells, he goes and takes one right in the mouth.

Was it a yarding show? You gotta watch the choker drop for sure, trick is to catch them before they hit the ground and take off running and the other part of the trick is not to get hit by them.:lol:

Was it a yarding show? You gotta watch the choker drop for sure, trick is to catch them before they hit the ground and take off running and the other part of the trick is not to get hit by them.:lol:

Helicopter logging. They were dragging chokers back on the float after fishing them off of the logs.

Whats the topic for next week's show?

Which episode has been the best so far.

Brendon and I watched this weeks. 300 turns at 9klbs max per turn. That's 2million+lbs per day.

They showed some felling, alot of dropping square onto stumps, busting some wood.

Brendon and I noticed that alot of the wood wasn't very good at all.

Back