Euc removals video

treesandsurf

Treehouser
We took down two Euc trees yesterday in Pupukea on the North Shore. MB I'm not sure if this in the right spot so please move if there is a better place. Still had a fun surf session at the end of the day at Leftovers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwpCpLebD8&feature=youtu.be

jp:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ZwpCpLebD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn't seem to embed the video the embed text from youtube wasn't working any suggestions from those more tech savy?

Just click on "share," then click on "embed," then copy the code and paste it into your post.

A lot of those first clips I had my lanyard around the tree behind me. That leaner had uprooted and I was trying to avoid being attached to it when I cut pieces free.

thanks guys; yes Adrian I got a hobbs off Robert Phillips about a year or two back we use it at least once a month sometimes much more depending on the type of work. I used a GRCS a lot at the Arboretum and working for different companies and personally I prefer the HOBBS. I have less issues with groundguys loosing wraps and it is nice to have one unit for lowering and lifting. Also, I feel the HOBBS has a better setup for controlling the decent and letting the ropes run smoothly when dynamic rigging, this is all personal opinion of course. We've slam dunked some very impressive sized wood into the thing and it doesn't flinch; I wish I had video of a euc removal job we did a year ago I ran the ropes for another climber but I'd guess we were dunking 800lb plus wood easily and it took the hits no problem and ran flawlessly.

STephen, since I started using SRT about 8 months ago I haven't used double rope since and haven't even looked back I've become one of those annoying SRT guys but the benefits are incredible IMO.

E. robusta is a very hard and heavy wood probably one of the heavier (denser) tropical woods we have. I actually made a workshop bench out of a ten foot log from a removal we did last year. This photo is terrible lighting but shows the first phase when we were sanding.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 53
Looks nice Jon. Robusta makes for really pretty slabs. You living up on North Shore still?

Leon we've been in Wahiawa for the last two years, the Heights are kind of a hidden gem close to north shore but not in the scene.

Sean, the shackle is for connecting my lanyard while advancing.

Leon we've been in Wahiawa for the last two years, the Heights are kind of a hidden gem close to north shore but not in the scene.

Sounds nice man. Definitely a lot quieter up there and some more hidden away spots. And not so outrageously expensive!

I keep thinking about coming back to the islands for a visit. I'll let you know whenever I can make it happen, would be good to hang out. And maybe you can school me on SRT climbing.

You're a man John. It's really funny when you talk with all these guys all the time, and at bottom, you don't know whether they can really do tree-work or not (and they don't know whether YOU can). You just proved yourself, my brotha. Wish I cld! I can't post vids! I know, I know.... a likely excuse....

THanks for the compliments guys. It's rewarding when fellow tree guys get to enjoy so it's well worth the time for me. I have a lot of respect for those who put videos together, the editing and filming process is actually a lot of work. The first few videos I made were really shaky, takes some discipline to keep still when you're in the tree. I don't know if Deva is reading this but I was thinking the other day it's been a LONG time since you put any vids up you used to have the sickest shots back in the day....

Leon, it would be great to see you a lot of people still ask about you and if I've talked to you so I'm sure you would be plenty busy. Let me know in advance and if you want to do some work I'll try to line up some kind of cool job.

Back