Energy bills

Treeaddict

Treehouser
So our gas and electric went up 30% in November 2022. It will go up again in June of this year but not sure by how much. This is an insane increase. Anyone else in other parts of the country experiencing such a steep energy increase?

I have no idea what I spend :^D I have budget billing, and I prepay in $500 increments, so I don't have a good feel of what I pay month to month. I spent less than $1k on energy last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We went from 68* to 65* to now 60* during the winter. Maybe we’ll keep it on 80* in the summer in lieu of 72*.

Haven't seen any big increase in electric here, runs around $50-60, (no AC) but I let a lot of things run that need not to. Gas is hard to tell...haven't had winter yet, and I've increased the temp to 70 this year.
I "manually" pay ahead on gas what I figure will keep my monthly installment close to the same over the year. so far, after skipping a couple months back in the spring, I'm way ahead of the game right now at $80/mo

Last edited:
Ceiling fans make 80° feel a lot more comfortable. That's what I keep my ac set at. I'll occasionally drop it down to 78° when I feel especially hot, but I put it back on 80° after a short while.

Back