The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Employee pay

PCTREE

Treehouser
I had a kid start working for me about 11 years ago. He had a good work ethic and tried hard. 10 years later he was my climber and making $500 a day. He got to be very negative about “productivity “ Kept arguing that I rushed too much. I tried to explain that my expenses ran about $8k per week so at that time I had to make $2k per day 4 days a week to just cover that so yes we need to be productive. Anyways we went out separate ways. He called me back after a few months and wanted to come back. I already had moved on and now he is working for a landscape company. Not sure what he makes but I doubt it’s much.
Like has been stated people get very used to how well they have it and consider it their right not a privilege till that opportunity has gone

cory

TreeHouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome post, Paul. So you are obviously saying that paying your climber $62/hr shows that you are willing and able to pay top dollar to the right people and be competitive with most any blue collar industry out there.

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I've had a number of guys want to come back, last week even, especially after going back to the dangerous, back-breaking way, dodging falling limbs, etc.

PRODUCTION!

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!