Ecofan

So do I, this room is the furthest from the fire. :coldcold:

:lol:
I just had a look, it's 68F and sunny in Gloucester, exactly the same as in this room, not for much longer. Time for more wood. :D

Last edited:
Cool, I just saw one for the first time the other day sitting on top of the wood stove at a friends house. I believe it was not branded as an Ecofan, though, and it sure didn't cost 80 pounds! It's a clever idea, for sure.

They actually dont spin fast enough to cause any harm to your fingers if you should stick 'em in there.
But they do get hot. Pretty common around here they seem to work o.k.

I have been thinking about getting one for the inlaws, they have an electric fan system on their stove but if the power goes...
a LINK to a north american supplier

Somebody needs to teach their marketing department a few basics. The video was horrible. Too dark for me to see the product and the 'background' music was so loud I couldn't hear the narrator describing the product. So I couldn't see it nor could I hear about it, I sure as hell am not going to buy it.

a youtube find on the Seebeck effect. see? you just have to flick the fan like 20 times for it to circulate the air... :wack:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-wAeV5tDXU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-wAeV5tDXU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Somebody needs to teach their marketing department a few basics. The video was horrible. Too dark for me to see the product and the 'background' music was so loud I couldn't hear the narrator describing the product. So I couldn't see it nor could I hear about it, I sure as hell am not going to buy it.

That's OK Brian, I don't think it would do you much good in Florida anyways.;)

If you are thinking of getting one Carl, let me know.

Theres a stove supplier near us selling a different make so if you want a comparison i can get a brochure and price list if you want.

I would get one too, just need the stove first:what:

I'd like to get one of those. I tried to set up a fan system with my wood stove at the shop, but even if it was hot air when the air left the vicinity of the stove, when it came into contact with the colder air some distance away, it pushed it towards me and I felt a chilled breeze, so no good.

That one looks like a gentler movement of air, so probably better.

Set your fan in a colder, undisturbed corner of the room aimed towards the stove. Move the cold air toward the stove and the warm air will circulate around the room to replace it. Assuming you don't have any open doors or windows allowing outside air into the room.

Sometimes you can get a deal on them on eBay. I was checking them out last winter after the ice storm.

Back