Drop and flop oak - S. Georgia style

Yup. Anything posted to the old gypoclimber.com website was never to be seen again after Butch abandoned it. Anything after that and before 2008 is gone, unless it got bumped forward, like this one, right about the time of the software change (that time around). So that's about 8 years of posts gone, more or less. Others after that are lost as well, from a couple of other software changes and decisions Butch made.

It is what it is, as the saying goes. But it is too bad.

You can pick a date at the top of the page, and poke around to see what was captured by the bots. It'll be incomplete, but there may be treasures to be found. It was only captured every so often, so it isn't a day by day catalog of gypoclimber.

I am still not understanding where this page is, or how to access it. I'm sorry to be such a dweeb; while I'm sure this seems outrageously obvious to you, to me it's a black hole.

Clicking on Brian's link takes you close to the page I have shown above. It's archive.org, and they store old copies of websites, amongst a million other things. Their captures were made by bots, and they aren't thorough, but it can give the essense of what the site was like back in the day.

Back